Nothing in the coop???

Sassysouth

Free Ranging
7 Years
May 12, 2016
Decatur, AL
I went and bought sand to put in the new coop. Hubby says no sand, he doesn't want to find sand in the yard. I have vinyl on the floor and a vinyl covered poop board and the vinyl is for easy cleaning. He says. HELP! I did buy some DE today. How about pine straw and a sprinkle of DE? I hate pine flakes.

I use dried grass clippings / leaves in my coop - 6 inches or so deep and just rake it over every morning. No smell, low maintenance and makes good composting when its changed (every 3 months or so). Wish I'd used the system sooner.

CT

Linoleum with pine shavings in this coop. I now have a much larger coop and used porch and floor paint with pine on top of that. SUPER easy to clean and easy on the feet. The roosts in the other coops are 23 inches off the floor. The runs are bare dirt.

I use dried grass clippings / leaves in my coop - 6 inches or so deep and just rake it over every morning. No smell, low maintenance and makes good composting when its changed (every 3 months or so). Wish I'd used the system sooner.

CT

Thank you. And I am assuming you use no additives then.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom