nothing like jumping in with both feet!!

NewChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Omaha, NE
after getting 4 asst. banty chicks from my local feed store, I LOVE CHICKENS!! i just ordered 22 new chicks from ideal. probably won't get here till mid june because all the kinds i wanted were sold out till then. i think i have a white cornish, gold laced cochin, barred rock and mille at the moment and i just ordered 14 cornish crosses to raise and eat, then 4 easter eggers and 4 blue silkies. i'd prefer males to eat, but i'd love to get mostly pullets for the fancier ones. one male silkie would be fantastic... we'll see!!

anyone else ordered breeds that were sold out @ ideal??

any advice on the breeds i got? i'm very VERY new to chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

If you are feeling real frisky and feel like driving call feed stores in surrounding towns you never know what they might have for sale.

Last edited:
Hi,
I ordered from Ideal in March. My choices weren't available till now. My chicks ship tomorrow and I am not ready yet:eek: I am queen of the procrastinators:D
I have RIR's, Buff Orp's, Dark Brahama's and Naked Necks coming. Oh, plus 2 crested Buff ducklings and 2 crested Khaki Campbells.
I am looking forward to lots of eggs!!

Best wishes with your babies and remember the saying. Good things come to those who wait
smile.png

i just got my order confirmation e-mail. my chicks will be shipped june 18th. let me know how your chicks are when they arrive and let me know how the whole shipping thing goes. i've never gotten chicks through the mail before. I CAN'T WAIT!!

smile.png
You will enjoy the silkies!
smile.png
I ordered 10 silkies from Ideal (3 buff, 3 red, and 4 self-blue) I really love the selfblue silkies! In my opinion the silkies were your best choice!
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
and the chick disease
gig.gif

Your chicks should arrive safely, from everything I am reading, the hatcheries are doing a great job in getting live good chicks to folks. Expect a couple of them to be stressed and have pasty butt and maybe one or two that are lethargic and tired. Just pamper them and do your best and you will be fine!

Enjoy them when they arrive.

Back
Top Bottom