Notifying neighbors

I wouldn't ... I live in a residential area, never informed my neighbors and they never knew until I told them, ha ha. Your property is fenced, chickens won't be "free ranged" so they won't pester the neighbors, you're zoned "a right to farm" ; you're good to go. Enjoy & glad you've joined us.
Thank you ChickNanny! I am so happy to be here!

I wouldn't ... I live in a residential area, never informed my neighbors and they never knew until I told them, ha ha. Your property is fenced, chickens won't be "free ranged" so they won't pester the neighbors, you're zoned "a right to farm" ; you're good to go. Enjoy & glad you've joined us.
BTW- I just noticed you are in Hilo, HI. I was born in Kahuku, HI and grew up in Honolulu. Mahalo for your help!

:thumbsup Wow! That's great! Spent 14yrs in the Mainland, met alot of "local" transplants. My Son & family in retired AF in AZ, my Daughter & family in FL; SIL just retired AF, daughter got out after 10yrs when #2 was incubating, I returned to care for my Parents and plan to return to the Mainland ...

Should I still let the neighbors know? Honestly
smiley_emoticons_opa_boese.gif
A conscience is a virtue. I commend your conscientious characteristic traits. Relax.. You are a good neighbor. As a matter of fact, I wish you were my neighbor.
hug behind.gif

You're legal, fenced in, planning on keeping them on your property. If they weren't overly friendly to begin with, I wouldn't poke that bear. I would suggest you put their coop/run as far from their house as possible, though. If you bought pullets, they shouldn't have too much to complain about.
This^^^
...not to say that female chicken are always quiet,
but are usually quieter and usually only during the daytime.

Back
Top Bottom