Nova died..my poor buttonquail hen

My sweet, precious, one and only, buttonquail hen Nova just died:hit:hit:hit I have no clue why, she was just laying in their cage dead:hit:hit:hitno external injuries, didn't look egg bound:hit:hit:hiti can't stop crying:hit I was just thinking about what big treat to get them for their 2nd b-day:hiti really hope Galaxy doesn't die of sadness... he loved her so much:hit:hit:hithope you are enjoying heaven my sweet girl:hitsee you there...View attachment 1736083 View attachment 1736084 View attachment 1736082
Sorry for your loss. :hugs RIP Nova.

I'd give it a go with that male button you might be able to get. Quite often it's possible to put males together, though you might want to do it in a different enclosure the first time they are together without wire in between. If one is chasing the other initially, wait a day and then put the mean one into the enclosure of the other. If the mean one is still mean, give them more time being separated. If the other one becomes mean, put them in the other enclosure (I do it the same way when introducing males and females to each other - either can be aggressive but usually you can fix it this way).
He will definitely be lonely alone, but he's not going to die from it just like that - as long as he doesn't boink from fear. I have kept males that were raised around other birds alone for months, because they misbehaved around the others.
I wouldn't put an immature female with him. He will want to breed her and she will be terrified and not understand what's going on.

I'd give it a go with that male button you might be able to get. Quite often it's possible to put males together, though you might want to do it in a different enclosure the first time they are together without wire in between. If one is chasing the other initially, wait a day and then put the mean one into the enclosure of the other. If the mean one is still mean, give them more time being separated. If the other one becomes mean, put them in the other enclosure (I do it the same way when introducing males and females to each other - either can be aggressive but usually you can fix it this way).
He will definitely be lonely alone, but he's not going to die from it just like that - as long as he doesn't boink from fear. I have kept males that were raised around other birds alone for months, because they misbehaved around the others.
I wouldn't put an immature female with him. He will want to breed her and she will be terrified and not understand what's going on.
thank you! I am very aware that I can't put him in with a immature bird! Luckily this male was actually one of his hatch-mates, and they were raised together!

Back
Top Bottom