Nova died..my poor buttonquail hen

No, I've lost both males and females at one time or the other and the remaining bird did just fine...I didn't want to chance introducing into a new 'click' of my other quail and getting killed, so they remained single. I also have had and still do have a community pen (11 birds) they get along fine. In fact, the single birds and the community birds call back and forth, the calling isn't constant and doesn't annoy me.
so even though he is the only buttonquail on my property, he won't get lonley? Should I try to see if the two widoers want the company?

so even though he is the only buttonquail on my property, he won't get lonley? Should I try to see if the two widoers want the company?
I didn't say lonely, only they will survive alone. You can try it with the widowers, I don't know if it will work or not, you'll just have to try and see if it will work.

Last edited:
Don't get a budgie or finch. Budgies are small parrots, which require a lot more care than quail and can live a couple decades, and they can be dangerous to other birds because they bite. Finches are flock birds that should be kept with their own kind. He's not going to get any companionship out of a finch or budgie, they don't speak the same language in either noises or body language.

Don't get a budgie or finch. Budgies are small parrots, which require a lot more care than quail and can live a couple decades, and they can be dangerous to other birds because they bite. Finches are flock birds that should be kept with their own kind. He's not going to get any companionship out of a finch or budgie, they don't speak the same language in either noises or body language.
ok, thanks.

My sweet, precious, one and only, buttonquail hen Nova just died:hit:hit:hit I have no clue why, she was just laying in their cage dead:hit:hit:hitno external injuries, didn't look egg bound:hit:hit:hiti can't stop crying:hit I was just thinking about what big treat to get them for their 2nd b-day:hiti really hope Galaxy doesn't die of sadness... he loved her so much:hit:hit:hithope you are enjoying heaven my sweet girl:hitsee you there...View attachment 1736083 View attachment 1736084 View attachment 1736082
Oh no! :hugs She obviously was very loved and cared for by you, so couldn’t have been in a better place for her sweet life!

Back
Top Bottom