Nova Scotia, Canada. Any other East Coasters??

They would peck at open foam, that's the first mistake I made with my very first coop...lol...the hen house I have now isn't insulated, it's built with 2x4's and OSB boards ( or chipboard it's called some places) I filled all seems to make it draft free with the exception of vents of course, which even those I can close up on really blustery days. In the winter I feed them a little cracked corn at night before bed for fat content so they make a little more body heat. I also use the deep litter method and just keep adding clean shavings on top...that produces a LOT of heat all on it's own and so far I've never lost a chicken...they can be really hardy birds..
smile.png

I might be a little bit interested in the deep litter method come closer to the winter.

How is everyone doing? My chickens are now 6 weeks old and doing great out in the coop and run! I'm seeing some new nova scotians over in the canadian thread! Just thought I would add something so it goes to the head of the line again.
:cd

Hello,

I am from CT, USA but in about a year from now I am planing on going to live in Yarmouth area NS canada. I have many kinds of birds and am not sure on how to take them over the boarder (if I can) If anyone has information on this or what I can buy over there to replace what I didnt take with me over to canada. anyone have any ideas or info on what breeds are in NS please let me know. I have peacocks, ducks, araucana chickens, roller pigeons.

Thank you,
Telah

Hello,

I am from CT, USA but in about a year from now I am planing on going to live in Yarmouth area NS canada. I have many kinds of birds and am not sure on how to take them over the boarder (if I can) If anyone has information on this or what I can buy over there to replace what I didnt take with me over to canada. anyone have any ideas or info on what breeds are in NS please let me know. I have peacocks, ducks, araucana chickens, roller pigeons.

Thank you,
Telah
You need papers from a vet certifying that they are all healthy and disease free with in 30 days of crossing the border. It can be expensive....

Hello, 

Thank you,
Telah

I am in Yarmouth, NS ! :frow What part of Yarmouth are you planning to move too ? Would love to have more fellow poultry lovers around here :)

Back
Top Bottom