November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
Day 14 for me, 4/5 looking good. 1 looks to be an early quitter, I removed it and performed an Eggtopsy.

It was iffy on day 7 but I chose to let it go since I wasn't sure & there was no smell.

Ugh one of my babies died overnight I think it was smothered by the others it wasn't the strongest when it hatched it was having a hard time keeping its head up...
1f62a.png

Thank you so much. They are Trader Joe Egg's so grocery store fertile egg's DO hatch.
You are lucky to have found them. We went to our TJ's & Whole Foods & they said that they no longer sell fertile eggs. I think it's a regional thing. We bought several dozens from diff brands & started cracking to see if we'd get lucky. Couldn't find any fertile chicken eggs at the stores, but all the quail eggs we purchased were fertile. Although its very easy to buy local hatching eggs (for chickens), finding local quail hatching eggs was tough.

I hope you have a successful hatch! Make sure to take lots of pics - especially if it's for a Science Project.

Day 14 for me, 4/5 looking good. 1 looks to be an early quitter, I removed it and performed an Eggtopsy.

It was iffy on day 7 but I chose to let it go since I wasn't sure & there was no smell.
You did it exactly right. Those bad eggs can explode & ruin your hatch. (Happened to me once & I never want to experience THAT again) However, you don't want to toss too early - just in case.

You are lucky to have found them.  We went to our TJ's & Whole Foods & they said that they no longer sell fertile eggs.  I think it's a regional thing.  We bought several dozens from diff brands & started cracking to see if we'd get lucky.  Couldn't find any fertile chicken eggs at the stores, but all the quail eggs we purchased were fertile.  Although its very easy to buy local hatching eggs (for chickens), finding local quail hatching eggs was tough.

I hope you have a successful hatch!  Make sure to take lots of pics - especially if it's for a Science Project.
Thank you. On day 20 now and finger's are crossed. I will take pic's of the Lil Fluffies.

Here is a cool video. So many folks afraid of opening their bators. Maybe it's been better for some to not open them. I personally do, like I said, to take them out once their hatched. This guy lets them dry in the bator..I don't like them bowling all of the eggs around, so I take them out as they hatch.

Good to know. I thought you had to leave them in there for 24 hours.

So far 6 have hatched good. I took a quick pic earlier. 5 more to go. 2 are pipped. I did add 3 eggs a day later so I'm not worried about the unpipped eggs.

Back
Top Bottom