November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics

Dark grey which most often has turned blue with partridge head and hackle.

Next is the little yellow one. So far both hatches had one of this exact color become bright orange, just like the dad.

And this one is the light grey...

These little ones came out 2 days late! They're well worth the wait! They are now in their mom's new nesting box (which obviously needed lots of cleaning) right nest to a small cage where their siblings from the previous hatch are waiting to meet them.
As soon as the chicks become a bit more willing to explore they'll be able to see each other, but not without a separation for safety.(Thanks, again Faraday40 for your great advice!)
Can anyone says when, approximately, it would be safe to remove that barrier? I know the 11 going on 12 week olds are cramped in the small space they have at the moment.
Thanks.

I'm loving the blues. I have two blues, and a blue splash. Will post photos. Congratulations!

The light one in the middle is the splash. The first one sure does have a high vault.
Lost a couple of black ones in the shell...man, they would have been gorgeous.

The light one in the middle is the splash. The first one sure does have a high vault.
Lost a couple of black ones in the shell...man, they would have been gorgeous.

AWWW! They are so cute. DD has a big desire to hatch silkies. Are they harder to hatch than other breeds?

@Cynthia12, those are gorgeous! They look like have have on little bandit masks! I love the look on the face of the one on the left (pic 2).
I'm new to this so I only know what I've seen in my own hatches (this total 3 in all) and what I see here. So, not to sound like a dummy but do you think the light grey chick in my hatch will be a splash?
The parents are in my profile pic, Mima (mom) is a splash (I think).
I wish there was a thread that was like a reunion for everyone to post pics at 3 months, 6 months, one year old of the chicks we're seeing as new comers!

Well if we remember, no harm in posting the updates here. So on that note, here are my 8 and 9 day-olds!

Back
Top Bottom