November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
That's great! Isn't it such fun!?! Have a caera waiting by the incubator.

And, if all of a sudden you hear loud peeping- RUN to the incubator to meet your new chick!

I like to leave the 1st hatch in for about 12-24 hrs. It's peeping will encourage the others to get cracking- literally. Although people say chicks can go without food & water for 3 days, I have never wanted to test that theory. I do believe that keeping the humidity up (by keeping the door closed) really helps all those eggs who have yet to hatch, so I limit the removal of chicks to about once per day. If you must open more than that, you can spray a mist of water against the incubator wall to quickly get the humidity back up to normal.

Thank you Faraday40! Camera at the ready? Haha- Not a problem. I've already taken some video. To bad we can't post video here, only pics. I am checking on my little peeper constantly. No apparent signs of pipping in the other 6 eggs. Hopefully when this little one comes into the world and starts talking, the others will get a move on!

Thank you Faraday40! Camera at the ready? Haha- Not a problem.
Yes a typo. I have those b/c I turned auto correct off. Too many strange substitutions makes my innocent messages sometimes sound dirty. Of course, they can also be very humorous & entertaining at times.

You technically can post a video but I think only from Youtube & Vimeo. (So it would mean posting there & then providing the link here.)

Back
Top Bottom