November 2021 Hatch-A-Long

#6 hatched from one of my dark eggs looks like this one.
0n.PNG

I should NEVER have looked at these!!! They are so stinkin precious!
We love them! They're so messy, but so much fun!

Story for you all... a lady that was looking for a male or two and has a friend looking for a couple boys also came to pick up 5 boys last night. I had two left in a shallow brooder under the sink that until now has contained everyone. After loading the boys in a box for the new owners and heading to the front door, I turned around and see the remaining two running down the hall from the bathroom, chasing the box that had their hatchmates in it. :hit It just about broke my heart!

Sooooo, needless to say, those two got to ride around in my hoodie and nestled in against me to feel my heartbeat which calmed them down immensely. I have a feeling they're going to be extra spoiled. The lady who was supposed to get the last two has backed out so these babies are staying with me. 🥰:love

I think the 6 is all I am getting...I had 2 of mine I may have slipped in 2 days after every other egg went in incubator, (At the time my hen just started laying.) The extra late eggs went under a broody hen. So who knows on that. I am going to get my chicks I hatched 10 days ago, and set up the pens next to the newly hatched chicks with a window to separate. They will see each other and learn to eat and be excited about life.

Last edited:
I had given up 2 eggs to a broody just incase they were still okay...I candled and I saw the day or 2 behind egg was bouncing in the air cell, maybe not popped it yet, but it was there. Maybe the hen is getting the egg excited! I may bring it in to finish hatching in the morning. We will let it ripen a bit. Go #7 :clap

The chip flaked off, and I peeked in with a flash light. There were veins, and peeping. I don't help if I see veins. I decided to let it be under the broody hen. And now it is dark. Chick in egg got excited when it heard the hens talking, and it started to talk to them. The hens are laying up a storm now, and the rooster was sitting in a nest box today to show the hens how it is done.

Back
Top Bottom