November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Of 16 quail eggs that went into lockdown only two made it. One I helped. That one is not doing well. If it should pass, will the lone quail be okay? Also have chicken eggs that where due today. Nothing yet. Can I candle?

Oh good grief.....sooo all day I have been having pips, but none of them including the one that pipped at 6am this morning is not zipping! I hope they can zip!! Kinda worried about them, but it is day 20 so hopefully all day tomorrow I will have babies?
fl.gif
bow.gif

Geeessshhh...I hate acting like a momma hen. Wait even momma hens probably do not worry this much! LOL!

They say not to stress too much until 24 hours, all those veins and yolk sack have to be absorbed in that time.

I still stare into the pip hoping to see a hatch tooth or wiggle though hahahaha.

I have 22 out, 7 left, 5 of those have pipped.

Had one Wellsummer pip right on the end of the egg last night, I left it over night, it made the hole a little bigger then died. Yolk was not fully absorbed either.

Other than that, one egg sold as a Salmon Fav turnout out to be an Australorp lol (not really lol, I really wanted another Fave!)

My last few eggs go into lockdown tomorrow. Only one silkie and 3 dominiques left.

I think for now on I will refer to Max as he. I have read only the males strut (although I don't think that is true). Max has been strutting for my feet since 2 weeks old. Also I have read that males start to get the spurs around 8 weeks, Max is only 4 weeks and there are little bumps starting on both legs. And the guy I got the eggs from saw Max at a week old and said he looked like a boy.[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[7yyggggggggggyyg5fg5g66666666662

In the hatcher I have 2 pipped eggs - 1 CCL x GLW and 1 MArans cross. I also have 3 more that just went into lockdown.

And in the incubator... OMG, I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up... but... Day 10 of my amazingly colored Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs and I have 1 clear, 1 (I think) early quitter and 16 with little chicks moving around inside. Squee!! Never gotten this far with shipped eggs before - so I am ecstatic to have them get this far
big_smile.png
fl.gif
I also couldn't help myself - I set my Lav/Black Ameraucana split's first egg. She started laying with a full sized egg and I can't wait to see what is inside
big_smile.png
those are the wheatons I'm getting did you order from ebay?

My last few eggs go into lockdown tomorrow. Only one silkie and 3 dominiques left.

I think for now on I will refer to Max as he. I have read only the males strut (although I don't think that is true). Max has been strutting for my feet since 2 weeks old. Also I have read that males start to get the spurs around 8 weeks, Max is only 4 weeks and there are little bumps starting on both legs. And the guy I got the eggs from saw Max at a week old and said he looked like a boy.[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[7yyggggggggggyyg5fg5g66666666662
hi Max

the Males are the gorgeous ones! with the beautiful tails!
ya.gif

Oh good grief.....sooo all day I have been having pips, but none of them including the one that pipped at 6am this morning is not zipping! I hope they can zip!! Kinda worried about them, but it is day 20 so hopefully all day tomorrow I will have babies?
fl.gif
bow.gif

Geeessshhh...I hate acting like a momma hen. Wait even momma hens probably do not worry this much! LOL!
pip is for fresh air...up to 36 hours before they are ready to hatch!

breath in breath out
breath in breath out

hugs.gif

Just checking in quickly! Today was day ten on my silkies, and so far 20 are coming along. Today was also day seven on my faverolles, and out of 17 eggs, 15 are developing! Not too shabby for shipped eggs. Still, now I have to prepare for 35 babies :eek:

Back
Top Bottom