November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Need help the two Serema's that hatched this morning are already fluffed up and I have one more that hatch that's half the size they are and they're picking it real bad do I take them out put them in the brooder or will they be ok

They may stop pecking at the little one if they have food to peck at.................
Good Luck..Nothing sweeter than a Serama chick
love.gif

I should have some hatch in a few weeks...........Trying out a new pair.

I'm hoping to have my mini incubator in time to hatch a few chicks before Halloween, but that may not happen. I haven't had enough work to be able to afford a decent size incubator, so I have to live with a mini one, since I have absolutely no skills in building my own incubator...

If I can find something to convert into an incubator I might make an attempt though.

I'm hoping to have my mini incubator in time to hatch a few chicks before Halloween, but that may not happen. I haven't had enough work to be able to afford a decent size incubator, so I have to live with a mini one, since I have absolutely no skills in building my own incubator...

If I can find something to convert into an incubator I might make an attempt though.

styrofoam ice coolers seem to work good. I may end up buying one and converting it.

Because I promised. I have two more that have broken through their shells a bit and two others that broke through the shell but not the membrane... Wondering if I should be concerned about that at all?

Quote: They just seem too small to me. At least the ones they have at the store here are small(small town, middle of nowhere, small selection). I'm going to see if there's anything at the dump, like a small cabinet or something. People are always throwing away such things around here, and they're free to take. I think they even have some chicken fencing laying around that I might grab...

styrofoam ice coolers seem to work good. I may end up buying one and converting it. 

They just seem too small to me. At least the ones they have at the store here are small(small town, middle of nowhere, small selection). I'm going to see if there's anything at the dump, like a small cabinet or something. People are always throwing away such things around here, and they're free to take. I think they even have some chicken fencing laying around that I might grab...

I'm going to make a cabinet incubator soon, but since we're talking about ice cooler incubators:

I ended up putting the lightbulb over the fan but you get the idea. I've hatched many babies in it and it works better than the store bought incubators I have. It's especially good for lockdown.

Last edited:
So I candled a few days ago, and was meaning to ask a question here, but I had been sick that night with what turned out to be the flu, and I've been sleeping for five days straight. Anyway, I candled, but the I couldn't see anything! It's like the egg was totally solid, I couldn't even see the air sac. These were white eggs that were eight days into incubation. Any ideas??

I am looking to set just a few eggs! I am in Washington State and cant find anyone who has the eggs I want! I am looking for Ameraucana and Jersey Giant eggs! Anyone have advice on where to go for them?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom