November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Well on day 19, 1 Sussex pipped and 4 d'Uccle's.

morning of day 20, and we have 1 Sussex & 5 d'Uccle's hatched and another 3 pipped.

3 still no signs yet... but fingers crossed for a 100%.....

(high hopes but u never know)

photos to come, (when i figure it out)

jumpy.gif

p.s. i am bouncing as much as the above little chicky...lol

Well on day 19, 1 Sussex pipped and 4 d'Uccle's.

morning of day 20, and we have 1 Sussex & 5 d'Uccle's hatched and another 3 pipped.

3 still no signs yet... but fingers crossed for a 100%.....

(high hopes but u never know)

photos to come, (when i figure it out)

jumpy.gif

p.s. i am bouncing as much as the above little chicky...lol

Woohoo! Go threadstarter!!

By the way, I think I may have found a happy medium after my egg-crush disaster. I put a non-fertile egg in the back-up nest (cat carrier) and the non-broodies are using it today and left the broodies alone! Here's hoping they'll keep up with it.

Woohoo! Go threadstarter!!

By the way, I think I may have found a happy medium after my egg-crush disaster. I put a non-fertile egg in the back-up nest (cat carrier) and the non-broodies are using it today and left the broodies alone! Here's hoping they'll keep up with it.

that's clever... i hope it all goes well for you from now on....

thats for the support... its still overwhelming to see so many enthusiastic people joining in on the hatching fun...

wishing everyone a HaPpY HaTcH..

jumpy.gif

Well. Just put in 70 Black copper Maran eggs this morning. 3 attempt. 1st one was pitifull second was 64% of fertile eggs. Hoping at least 95% are fertile on this batch and I should do great

Well. Just put in 70 Black copper Maran eggs this morning. 3 attempt. 1st one was pitifull second was 64% of fertile eggs. Hoping at least 95% are fertile on this batch and I should do great

GoOd LuCk

celebrate.gif

Down to 1 week till hatch. I'm so excited that I'm about to burst! I am not checking the incubator as much as I did our last hatch (our first.) I guess it's because I'm having too much fun with the ones that hatched 2 weeks ago. It's amazing how big they get in such a short timeframe. I am watching these guys feather out and it is AMAZING to me the differences in each.

Not going to get much time with them in the morning. Cleaning the coops/pens and then bath day tomorrow for our dogs, the goat, and our chickens outside. Discovered mites today. Where do they come from?! UGH.

Speaking of baths, can I bathe the 2 week olds? They have managed to poo on each other (or roll in it.)

I am so happy for you on your 100% hatch rates. I had really good luck with my shipped eggs. 58 out of 63 it was my first hatch and i ws pretty happy with that rate. I hope that you do not give up on shipped eggs so that you can have the breeds/colors that you want.

Back
Top Bottom