November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Ive got 25 eggs due on 14th
Mainly Silver laced wyandottes (large)
But i also have a few Black sexlink x Silver laced wyandotte eggs in the incubator to
smile.png

Cant wait!

Have you candled them yet???

well my first egg due Tues. has pipped
I believe
fl.gif
it's my dark sex links baby!
unless I've made a boo boo again...sometimes the orp eggs are very light and I stick them in hoping it's "Little Darks" egg
I love them all but I've gotten babies from everyone else....Little Darks baby drown this last summer
hit.gif

Come on little black chickie!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

lol

Its so exciting that we all get to go through this together...lol

Does anyone else have really picky chickens? Mine are getting worse everyday. They will only eat a few things. Now they don't like theirchicken food since I changed over to layer from chick start. They are 6 months.I was giving them fermented feed (chick start and birdseed) started from buttermilk, they loved it, most of the time. Now I'm giving them fermented feed started from saurrkraut (layer crumbles and brid seed) and they hate it. And they don't like the layer crumbles. I can't find a high protien pellet. I have new super layer crumble from a different manufacturer when they finish this one. Maybe they will eat it. They are getting so mad at me I feel like I'm inThe Birds. They are flying at my windows, banging on my door and my roosters both finally started crowing only to compplain about the food. Seriously, crowing about their food. Then a Mille Fleur in the house started crowing. I went from no crowing 2 days ago to 3 crowing this morning. Crazy chickens.

Max slept in, leaving me to fight of the chicken attack all by myself. Max worked hard yesterday so I don't mind. So late breakfast for us.

That is her butt sticking out. I couldn't find her at first, she had burrowed into the covers. She couldn't decide where to sleep last night. She started laying on my neck. Then nesting in my hair. She is so silly.

Does anyone else have really picky chickens? Mine are getting worse everyday. They will only eat a few things. Now they don't like theirchicken food since I changed over to layer from chick start. They are 6 months.I was giving them fermented feed (chick start and birdseed) started from buttermilk, they loved it, most of the time. Now I'm giving them fermented feed started from saurrkraut (layer crumbles and brid seed) and they hate it. And they don't like the layer crumbles. I can't find a high protien pellet. I have new super layer crumble from a different manufacturer when they finish this one. Maybe they will eat it. They are getting so mad at me I feel like I'm inThe Birds. They are flying at my windows, banging on my door and my roosters both finally started crowing only to compplain about the food. Seriously, crowing about their food. Then a Mille Fleur in the house started crowing. I went from no crowing 2 days ago to 3 crowing this morning. Crazy chickens.

Max slept in, leaving me to fight of the chicken attack all by myself. Max worked hard yesterday so I don't mind. So late breakfast for us.

That is her butt sticking out. I couldn't find her at first, she had burrowed into the covers. She couldn't decide where to sleep last night. She started laying on my neck. Then nesting in my hair. She is so silly.

that is sooo cute.... i have a soft spot for max

Quote:
that's interesting D I feed mine their chicken food...layer crumbles or pellets which ever I pick up....and left overs...every so often I make the oatmeal mixture with the cayenne pepper and garlic.
the only ones that are a little finicky are the guinea and ducks...they just love veg and fruit not so much the oatmeal

Two BBS AM banties out so far! Have a black silkie pipped almost a day ago and is taking her sweet time. A few pips in the Coturnix quail eggers. Nothing yet from the 2 cornish bantams and showgirls. Candled quickly just to have a peek and no movement in them at all. Come on, chickies..!

"A little help, please?"

Back
Top Bottom