November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Just got my first peeper around 2:30, all she has done is crack the shell and hasnt flaked any peices off just checked again hear her a little bit but doesnt seem like shes trying to get out should i just flake off little peice to see how the membrane is doing?\
NO....after pipping it could be up to 36 hrs before they are ready to hatch....pipping just gives them air....you mess with the shell you could cause the membrane to dry!!!! sit on your hands
old.gif

fl.gif
pop.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm waiting for one of my babies... pipped about 530!!! I don't expect to meet her until tomorrow....no matter how many you hatch you never stop starring at the incubator
frow.gif
Good Luck.....................
clap.gif

and x's2...............I tell myself I am not going to stay up all night with an egg I have concern for but.........................there I am.............
Good Grief.................every hatch seems like the first

Quote: I'm waiting for one of my babies... pipped about 530!!! I don't expect to meet her until tomorrow....no matter how many you hatch you never stop starring at the incubator
frow.gif

well i checked again and a tiny piece came off revealing a little hole, but the membrane is now drying should i wrap it in a damp papertowel or will that drown the chick?

Quote: I'm waiting for one of my babies... pipped about 530!!! I don't expect to meet her until tomorrow....no matter how many you hatch you never stop starring at the incubator
frow.gif

well i checked again and a tiny piece came off revealing a little hole, but the membrane is now drying should i wrap it in a damp papertowel or will that drown the chick?
if it would make you feel better just quickly stick and damp paper towel in the incubator to raise the humidity...I swear it sounds like it's doing a great job...if it's knocking off shell then you'll probably meet soon
pop.gif
love.gif

frow.gif

if it would make you feel better just quickly stick and damp paper towel in the incubator to raise the humidity...I swear it sounds like it's doing a great job...if it's knocking off shell then you'll probably meet soon
pop.gif
love.gif

I'm in love with your avatar...what breed and coloring is it?

Back
Top Bottom