November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Woohooo!!!! Yeah for lockdown! It seems we got lots of us going into lockdown!! Sooooooo if you are going into lockdown this week...what are you hatching? :)
We have a mixed bag in ours at the moment, just started Day 19.
Australian Araucana, French Wheaten Maran's, Welsummers, Austraorps, Salmon Fav's, plus some home made first gen EE's. We crossed out Araucana roo over Barnevelder and Australorp's. We put him over some Light Sussex and a RIR as well but none of those were fertile.

Started out with 47, 32 went into lock down. We have our doubts about two but let them go in anyway, better safe than sorry.

Buff Brahma out and in the dry off bator with the little Maran chick from yesterday. Lots more pips on them and the Silkie eggs. Pulled the Marans eggs that where over due, had 2 clears, 2 late quitters and 5 dead in shell. I guess marans are not in my future. Out of 55 Maran eggs (17-18-20) from 3 shippers I indeed up with 9 babies (8-0-1).

Wow, that's a lot of losses! Do you think shipping had something to do with it? I'm on day 21 of my first hatch. I put in 3 chicken eggs and 3 duck eggs (from my chickens/ ducks). Half way through had to toss out 2 of the chicken eggs (they had a blood ring). The rest are doing great Just hoping the chicken pips soon!

Onl
Woohooo!!!!   Yeah for lockdown!  It seems we got lots of us going into lockdown!!  Sooooooo if you are going into lockdown this week...what are you hatching?  :)
only one out of six grew all the eggs were left over from the international show so I have no clue what she will be it's a LF white egg I will post picks when it hatches

I am more than a little frustrated this morning..............
Checked the incubator at 2:30 this morning.................hygrometer read 25................
Checked everything........enough water.no dry sponges..........
Finally took the hygrometer from the other incubator and it read 65.
Just to weird.........................and my thermometers read 7 degrees different....have two in here...............
both on top of the eggs.
I hear chirping and guess I just have to hope for the best.
Have Seramas and Silkies in the one that is running goofy..........
Imported English Orps in the other................
Was afraid those big footed oprs would smash my Seramas.....
lol.png
.Day 20

Quote:
I hear ya with the marans.....I was shipped 13 BC Marans and now have 6 that are in lockdown! sheeesssshhh...... Keeping fingers crossed for the rest! whoot!!!!

Back
Top Bottom