November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Quote: I was referring to the guineas hatching with in hours of externally pipping

the ducks are about 3 days from internal pip to hatch...
pop.gif
love.gif
love love love ducks!!

Well the day is nearing and I am just coming into the realization I have to think about vaccination for Marek's disease. My other girls have the vaccine so I have to do it for these girls. Ugh not looking forward to doing this and have to Next Day ship the vaccine asap.

Well the day is nearing and I am just coming into the realization I have to think about vaccination for Marek's disease. My other girls have the vaccine so I have to do it for these girls. Ugh not looking forward to doing this and have to Next Day ship the vaccine asap.
Sorry I accidentally hit that ovation. Meant it on another post. I would never thumbs up someone's frustration. I hope it goes well!

Today has been bittersweet. So far 7/14 quail eggs have hatched :woot sadly 1 hatched with its intestines on the outside and couldn't open its eyes :hit poor little baby... And I have another one that has really bad curled toes but I'm going to try my hardest to fix!

Here's a happy picture of a few of the babies

Sorry I accidentally hit that ovation. Meant it on another post. I would never thumbs up someone's frustration. I hope it goes well!

Haha, no worries! It is just like liking a very bad facebook status in support! P;

Thank you and you too!
I hope they all decide to hatch at the same time so I can get them all on the first day before the vaccine goes bad. :|

And I hope I can administer without somehow messing up. Come on, Ashley, you are in school for Pre-med. THIS IS PRACTICE.

Today has been bittersweet. So far 7/14 quail eggs have hatched
woot.gif
sadly 1 hatched with its intestines on the outside and couldn't open its eyes
hit.gif
poor little baby... And I have another one that has really bad curled toes but I'm going to try my hardest to fix!

Here's a happy picture of a few of the babies

Oh, dear! I hope all the best for you and the babies. :c
THEY LOOK SO DARLING.

I'm really nervous - it's day 3 for my six donated eggs, and I saw nothing on candling. I think I'm supposed to see veins, but I don't. How long should I wait before declaring the hatch unviable. Also, how do I check to see if they were even fertile? The person who gave them to me has three roosters, so they should have been fertile.
To early............I do not candle until day 11.....Many others go day7???????
Don't be quick to give up on them.......................
Good Luck
big_smile.png

pip is for fresh air...up to 36 hours before they are ready to hatch!

breath in breath out
breath in breath out

hugs.gif
Thank you for your kindness. Well today is day 21 and out of 6 BC Marans eggs I have 4 babies running around. Out of 14 Heratige RIR I have 5 chicks. I am so happy to have them, but no other pips in the eggs......well not taking them out until tomorrow morning.
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thank you for your kindness. Well today is day 21 and out of 6 BC Marans eggs I have 4 babies running around. Out of 14 Heratige RIR I have 5 chicks. I am so happy to have them, but no other pips in the eggs......well not taking them out until tomorrow morning.
fl.gif
fl.gif
You may have your own reasons for taking them out tomorrow.
I wait till day 25............
Good luck with the rest of your hatch........sounds good so far.........................
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom