November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Max update. Still wonderful. And growing. Instead of 'Growing like a weed' the phrase should be 'Growing like a Max'.

Max and I going to the grocery store.
It's that good home cooking..............
gig.gif
Your turkey eats better than I do..............

I am sitting here waiting for Sara to lay her egg so I can go to work. Someone has to let her out after and since Max is going to work with me, I have to wait. Something about this isn't right.

Quote: it sounds like a California white sex link...they are a black bird with copper in their mane...black legs and lay white eggs...I know this because I have one...the spot on the head indicates a roo

dark sex links look the same but don't have the dark legs and lay brown eggs
I just hatched a dark sex link with a dark brahma and the chick looks golden with stripes...others came out black!! sex links don't breed true...so it'll be curious how they look grown...I guess the goal with the California white is white eggs...my girl has copper in her...I understand from studying that a true calif white will have more of a white mane than copper...

Quote: it sounds like a California white sex link...they are a black bird with copper in their mane...black legs and lay white eggs...I know this because I have one...the spot on the head indicates a roo

dark sex links look the same but don't have the dark legs and lay brown eggs
I just hatched a dark sex link with a dark brahma and the chick looks golden with stripes...others came out black!! sex links don't breed true...so it'll be curious how they look grown...I guess the goal with the California white is white eggs...my girl has copper in her...I understand from studying that a true calif white will have more of a white mane than copper...
oh and once a bird is mixed with 3 or more production type breeds it is then considered a "Baladi"
I just learned that from another person on here...I think CarolinaHen, she started a thread!!

so lots to learn!! I read and study all the time but very rarely remember lol
lau.gif

I am sitting here waiting for Sara to lay her egg so I can go to work. Someone has to let her out after and since Max is going to work with me, I have to wait. Something about this isn't right.
Don't le her know you are waiting....she will decide to take a nap for sure............
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom