November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Of the 3 eggs in the hatcher the Marans x ? and CCL x GLW have pipped and the White Leghorn x ? is internally pipped but not externally yet. Meanwhile from previous hatches - some of my White Leghorn mixes are looking amazing - will get pics when I can. They are yellow with barred cream, buff or brown, and black appearing. I also have one Marans mix looking this way so trying to guess who the daddy was. Don't really care, they are so strikingly beautiful :)

I would not expect her to be a sex link as she came from purebred stock

I just hatched a dark sex link with a dark brahma and the chick looks golden with stripes...others came out black!! sex links don't breed true...so it'll be curious how they look grown...I guess the goal with the California white is white eggs...my girl has copper in her...I understand from studying that a true calif white will have more of a white mane than copper...

Here are some update pics of some of my White Leghorn mystery crosses from the couple last hatch-a-longs :) I it is also possible 1 of these is actually my lone Mille Fleur Leghorn and the feather leg one is actually probably one of myblue marans crosses :D LOL!

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Here are some update pics of some of my White Leghorn mystery crosses from the couple last hatch-a-longs
smile.png
I it is also possible 1 of these is actually my lone Mille Fleur Leghorn and the feather leg one is actually probably one of myblue marans crosses
big_smile.png
LOL!

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Your birds are beautiful :)

Here are some update pics of some of my White Leghorn mystery crosses from the couple last hatch-a-longs
smile.png
I it is also possible 1 of these is actually my lone Mille Fleur Leghorn and the feather leg one is actually probably one of myblue marans crosses
big_smile.png
LOL!

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

gorgeous! I love mixing them up...so many beautiful colors!!

Two eggs are ROCKING their lil' minds out over here! AHHH!

Lockdown isn't until two more hours, so should I just put them into lockdown now?
yes!! they start that right before or they may have already internally pipped....oh so exciting....what's the breed??

I 'm getting excited about my hatch coming up...I guess it never gets old
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom