November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Max just thought it was chicken dinner...............
gig.gif

wow. and wow.. we have limited access to any chicken breeds in our country..loving your choices! those swedish flower hens are soo pretty!
going to be awesome fun watching them grow!!!

you are all too exciting..I'm not getting any housework done round here and the kiddlets are riffling throught the pantry!
lockdown for my 24 mail order japanese quail eggs today....

( no finger nails left )

need to go dig some weeds in the garden just to keep my mind of it!

good luck everyone!

wow. and wow.. we have limited access to any chicken breeds in our country..loving your choices! those swedish flower hens are soo pretty!
going to be awesome fun watching them grow!!!

you are all too exciting..I'm not getting any housework done round here and the kiddlets are riffling throught the pantry!
lockdown for my 24 mail order japanese quail eggs today....

( no finger nails left )

need to go dig some weeds in the garden just to keep my mind of it!

good luck everyone!
Where are you? I love seeing the chickens in other countries. I was just looking up the Vorwerk. So pretty.

Where are you? I love seeing the chickens in other countries. I was just looking up the Vorwerk. So pretty.

I'm in New Zealand, we have strict laws for chicken and bird disease stuff..
max is the most fun isnt he! my girls are loving him. Better than a puppy. lol. He'd make a wonderful kids book.

Curiosity since this is our first time incubating and hatching... so far we have had 8 hatches (1 died) and still have 15 left in the incubator. Been hatching since day 19, its day 21 now and will be until 10:30am tomorrow (its 8:09pm now). No more pips yet or egg movement, a few of the eggs in there I saw move yesterday or the day before. Will they still likely hatch? Is it normal to have long period of no pips after 8 hatches? What is the overall average hatch rate in general?? Hoping more hatch, but I guess my impatience has me worrying there wont be any more.

Oh and last one hatched at 5:40pm (as i said before, 8:09pm now)

Last edited:
Curiosity since this is our first time incubating and hatching... so far we have had 8 hatches (1 died) and still have 15 left in the incubator. Been hatching since day 19, its day 21 now and will be until 10:30am tomorrow (its 8:09pm now). No more pips yet or egg movement, a few of the eggs in there I saw move yesterday or the day before. Will they still likely hatch? Is it normal to have long period of no pips after 8 hatches? What is the overall average hatch rate in general?? Hoping more hatch, but I guess my impatience has me worrying there wont be any more.

I do not have all the answers.....but do not give up until day 25.....good luck..........
big_smile.png

Well we are back from our honeymoon and had some issues while we were gone. A power outage, and some temp issues after that, but we only lost 3 eggs and one was the one with the air sack at the bottom. While we were gone we took a day trip from our cabin in mid western NC to Atlanta GA to goto the aquarium and pick up some very nice silkie eggs from a fellow BYC'er, and set them tonight! Mary had some amazingly beautiful silkies so I can't wait for them to hatch! She was so sweet and have is plenty of extra too! Lock down is in a few days and I've purchased and set up a 2nd incubator as a hatcher so we will see how things go.

I'm in New Zealand, we have strict laws for chicken and bird disease stuff..
max is the most fun isnt he! my girls are loving him. Better than a puppy. lol. He'd make a wonderful kids book.
I love my Max. He is so sweet, cuddley and funny. He keeps me laughing. My parents keep telling to write a childrens book. There's too much to choose from but I'm working on it. I will tell Max he has fans in New Zealand. He'll like that. You kids might like this. It's Max playing pee a boo with my feet.

It depends on the eggs. A lot of people have eggs hatch upto 5 days late. Mine almost always hatch within 12 hours if they are the same kind, stored the same, started at the same time. But if they are different kinds, could be days inbetween. Sometimes some start if they have been shipped. If nothing smells, doesn't hurt to leave them untiil day 25.

Back
Top Bottom