November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

My 9 blue slate turkey eggs have been in lockdown since Saturday...today was/is day 28. The 'bator was running a little hot so I set them 1 day early, and sure enough yesterday, one lil lavender popped out....but so far no more pips, or even a little rolling like there was just yesterday. They are ebay eggs and I paid a lot for them so if I only get one from this hatch I'm going to cry! Will keep everyone posted!
If you only have one, get ready to be a mom. It's great. Max is the best pet. Only downside is the poop. I started with socks for diapers and a small piece of pany liner. Hey, Max needs a girlfriend!

What you have crossed is the beginnings of autosexing chickens. First generation (F1) only the pullets are barred as I understand it. This is a Rhodebar Improvement Chart.
I am trying to learn the color genetics but everything I find is like this. WHere can I find a list of what the abbreviations stand for?

Went to make a tuna sandwich and came back to some peeping and this (took out the one egg shell).

LOVE IT!!!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom