November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Quote: I will get updated pictures of everyone as soon as I can...

busy weekend ahead...we have to travel to Calif for my father in laws funeral....he was 90 and a world war 2 vet...he had his mind and strength up to the end...you can't ask for better than that

51 tomorrow when did that happen???????? UGH!!!
th.gif

It's hatching day. I have 24 in lockdown, last night 2 pipped, this morning 3 more had pipped and within the last hour the first one hatched and another has started to zip. The chicken count should be increasing exponentially here today :)

Pushing it's way out of the shell

Almost there, time for a little break.

Responding to the noises this one started to get serious about beginning to zip, it's about 1/4 of the way around the shell now.

The two from yesterday, and the two from last night. Another has pipped, and one has pipped internally. It looks like one of Renee's is working on pipping internally right now, too.

The two from yesterday, and the two from last night. Another has pipped, and one has pipped internally. It looks like one of Renee's is working on pipping internally right now, too.

so cute! I love their little fuzzy feet!
It's hatching day. I have 24 in lockdown, last night 2 pipped, this morning 3 more had pipped and within the last hour the first one hatched and another has started to zip. The chicken count should be increasing exponentially here today :)

Pushing it's way out of the shell

Almost there, time for a little break.

Responding to the noises this one started to get serious about beginning to zip, it's about 1/4 of the way around the shell now.
great shots, I love seeing the hatching progression :) never gets old

I moved my little bluebell into the brooder today (she's not blue, but I can pretend)

she is crying and lonely, she wants more blue eggs to hatch! I keep checking.. no pips yet >.<

cmon babies!!!

Last edited:
Had my 1st successful hatch last week I had 12 shipped eggs, 4 hatched and 12 eggs from local guy, 11 hatched. I have had 15 new chicks in plastic container brooder in house now moved to garage to have more room and please the wife also. I had a bantam hatch with toes curled under feet so I put tape on top and bottom of feet to flatten out for 4 days now they are much better. I have 6 grown hens and have made a separate run and coop to integrate them for a few weeks after they fully feather out in garage. Winter temps here in NC are pretty mild. Thanks to all for the info here at BYC, it's been very educational.

good ol Max!

how is your Marans that was looking wobbly last week?
The wobbly one is looking better but the tiny one has been hanging out under the heat lamp. But maybe being so small she gets colder.

I moved my little bluebell into the brooder today (she's not blue, but I can pretend)

she is crying and lonely, she wants more blue eggs to hatch! I keep checking.. no pips yet >.<

cmon babies!!!

Awwwww

good ol Max!

how is your Marans that was looking wobbly last week?

cmon babies!!!

cmon babies!!!

So cute :)

4 have hatched now, the initial black one and 3 yellow ones, and 5 more have pipped. I have 24 in lock down so we are moving towards the halfway point in terms of activity. I did a quick candle prior to lock down and all the eggs looked full but I didn't wait to see movement in all of them so ... Hoping the majority of them hatch, we are already doing better than last time since they actually started on the evening of day 20, I think they were at day 23 or 24 before they even started to hatch, and they didn't all make it.

So cute :)

4 have hatched now, the initial black one and 3 yellow ones, and 5 more have pipped. I have 24 in lock down so we are moving towards the halfway point in terms of activity. I did a quick candle prior to lock down and all the eggs looked full but I didn't wait to see movement in all of them so ... Hoping the majority of them hatch, we are already doing better than last time since they actually started on the evening of day 20, I think they were at day 23 or 24 before they even started to hatch, and they didn't all make it.
15 hours, any progress with your pips? :)

took this picture of my girl today, I think I'm in love she's so sweet.

We have 1 pip on a BLR Wyandotte egg this morning! Their day 21 is today so right on time

Wishing another Ameraucana would pop out but losing hope each day that passes

Back
Top Bottom