November/December "Hatch-a-Long"

Last baby in the incubator is out of the egg and drying off. I had to help it, since the bit of dried blood made the membrane stick to the back of its neck.

Now I just have to remember to candle the eggs the Silkies are sitting on when I lock the others up for the night...

Max was showing off today at Home Depot. He had a constant crowd around him for 45 minutes, strutting around. At least 30 people stopped to watch, pet and take pictures of Max. Then at the dealership (taking car in to be checked) max dazzled everyone there, another 20 to 25 people. There was a lady shopping at Home Depot that said 'Hey look, there's Max'. Ithink she knew him from the fabric store. When we came in 2 cashiers said hi to Max by name. Max has no idea what a turkey is.

Max was showing off today at Home Depot. He had a constant crowd around him for 45 minutes, strutting around. At least 30 people stopped to watch, pet and take pictures of Max. Then at the dealership (taking car in to be checked) max dazzled everyone there, another 20 to 25 people. There was a lady shopping at Home Depot that said 'Hey look, there's Max'. Ithink she knew him from the fabric store. When we came in 2 cashiers said hi to Max by name. Max has no idea what a turkey is.
love it...does he walk on a leash?

And this is supposed to be a Legbar.
hmmm...
idunno.gif

Heard tapping but no cheeps. Dorkings due on the 31st, Hatcher is up to temp water added for humidity, will move eggs later today. Then Jerseys day after that, two more days move RIR's and lastly are the Japs and Silkies. Changed 'bators after first week. Time is rapidly approaching, No rotten ones in any of the breeds so far.

Heard tapping but no cheeps. Dorkings due on the 31st, Hatcher is up to temp water added for humidity, will move eggs later today. Then Jerseys day after that, two more days move RIR's and lastly are the Japs and Silkies. Changed 'bators after first week. Time is rapidly approaching, No rotten ones in any of the breeds so far.
you hear tapping already? and they aren't due until the 31st? sounds like they may be coming early

My friend just hatched her first two red Dorking chicks yesterday. Still waiting on the third. What color are your dorkings and where did you get the eggs?

legs different lengths (problem leg is longer)

resting after the torture

The VetRap came yesterday, and I made her a chick chair. The crooked leg is splinted and wrapped in VetRap, the legs are hobbled together and she is suspended in the chick chair.

The leg is bent horribly to the outside, right at the knee joint. I am wondering if it can even be corrected... I have never seen one this bad. I also noticed that the problem leg is quite a bit longer than the other. Wondering if this is a deformity I can't fix.
hit.gif
Going to keep trying on her though...

Back
Top Bottom