November has just started.....

Quote:
Not true. You left out "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie (I know- WAY before your time!) We listen to it every year.

OMG that is such a great song!!!!!

big_smile.png
Agreed! DH and I watched the movie on one of our first dates and named our Golden Retriever Arlo. Can't wait to hear what Stevie thinks of the song....
lol.png

Quote:
OMG that is such a great song!!!!!

big_smile.png
Agreed! DH and I watched the movie on one of our first dates and named our Golden Retriever Arlo. Can't wait to hear what Stevie thinks of the song....
lol.png

Stevie is young, but loves music so I bet he has heard it by now and will comment later!

I have my Christmas lights up. They're already on the timer.
smile.png
I have been playing Christmas music in my car for a month.

I think that my early Christmas obsession stems from my somewhat nervousness about events going on in our country and world right now. I'm grabbing onto that holiday spirit and holding tight because it is one of those things that makes me feel good and gives me something positive to look forward to.
wink.png

Quote:
big_smile.png
lol.png

Stevie is young, but loves music so I bet he has heard it by now and will comment later!

I love it! I am listening to it now
big_smile.png

I know.
The local BigLots had the Christmas stuff up one aisle over from the Halloween stuff. At the BEGINNING of OCTOBER!

too soon. December will be here soon enough.

I have to admit that I am actually looking forward to the holidays this year though.
I have my own paycheck this year for the holidays! And am booked full with craft fairs(got a private invite to sell at a BIG one. They made space for us!)

I am already planning tree placement and decorations. But nothing will happen til mid December here

Quote:
gig.gif

They did it later this year. It seems like the last few years were
Christmas in september.

Please, I know everyone wants to send me sweaters but I don't
wear them.

Yeah, I had neighbors on one side with Halloween decor all over the yard and next to them were Christmas decorations. Enough to make my head spin. AND its been in the mid 70's for the last few days! I wish everything could slow down a little, let me enjoy the seasons instead of mashing them all together in an all out money race to Christmas.

Quote:

I love it! I am listening to it now
big_smile.png

And now you will have to listen to it every year on Thanksgiving Day! Most of the classic rock stations here play it each year right at noon.

I know I'm going to be going against everyone else on this one but when my husband and I were in Lowes last week buying new toilets I took our son to the garden center because they had the christmas stuff up.

For me, seeing the trees, decorations and hearing the music brings back all of my warm christmas feelings. I start to smell the fresh snow again, dream about being snowed in with no where to go, a fire burning and everyone snuggled up in their pj's watching movies all afternoon. Christmas for me was my arms wrapped around my daddy when he gets home from a day of work and still has the energy to rush me outside to ride in the fields on the snowmobile. Christmas was the men in the livingroom chatting, the women in the kitchen cooking and everyone being happy despite being crammed into the smallest house in our family because it was just tradition to go to Great Grandma's house on Christmas eve. Christmas is Matthes Tree Farm and hot chocolate and hayrides. Christmas is taking the kids sledding and making sure they grow up with the ability to "feel" Christmas, even if it is Nov. 1st. The feelings I get around Christmas can't come soon enough, or stay long enough. You can't buy that.

It's only about gifts if you make it about that, and while I do feel the pushing of stuff that stores do is a little crazy, I take responsibility for what I spend money on and the only thing I take away from them starting so soon is my Christmas feelings that I hope to pass to my own children. There is nothing better than Christmas!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom