November has just started.....

Regarding early display of Christmas related things, I personally benefit from it because I like to shop little by little. Having it all done by mid-December enables me to relax and enjoy the peace of Advent and anticipation of Christmas day.

our wm had trees up oct 1st! i got a kick out of the new "christmas story" collection the leg lamp nightlight and stockin
lol.png

i've done over half of my shopping and knocked out "santa" with tru's Big Toy Book, saved 50 on that ride on pony wow i couldn't believe it! I plan to be done by 10pm black friday!!

I just wish they would give more emphasis on Thanksgiving than they do. I feel that is as important as Christmas.

Course, I am not into the shopping hubbub of Christmas, as we limit our kids to 3 gifts each for it. Pretty easy to make or buy 3 gifts.

smile.png

I am making my daughter a horse quilt for her bed this year.

We don't buy gifts for Christmas anymore. I feel like we're somehow pressured into giving people gifts, which makes it meaningless, whereas getting gifts randomly throughout the year really shows you're thinking of the recipient. I wish there was a way to convince more people to quit buying the gifts, decorations, and all that junk, because that's really the only reason stores start rubbing it in your face so early.

we don't buy for extended family anyone, so i can put more thought into those i do buy for. we normal buy things we need but put off like fitting pants, new work boots, bed sheets i love new sheets, this year i want a new radio and struts for my car!
wink.png
dd is getting the pony and thats it! maybe a few kids movies. she got so much last year she still hasn't played with it all!

I was complaining about Christmas things being out before Oct. 21! On Oct 30th, I got an Christmas open house invatation for 11/8/08.

I guess the stores are thinking that people will have very little to spend so they want to get their ads out and stuff up before everyone else...I have never rec. so many sales papers in the mail!!! Dixie

Back
Top Bottom