Last nights magician!

Attachments

• 65D4FE1D-86EC-4D4F-AB2A-6D3B38FDC3DE.jpeg
    65D4FE1D-86EC-4D4F-AB2A-6D3B38FDC3DE.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 37CD1702-B756-47FC-AED9-14B9952E8DD5.jpeg
    37CD1702-B756-47FC-AED9-14B9952E8DD5.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 6
What day are they on? Sorry if I missed that, I candled mine around 6 days and saw veins and the little embryo in the middle. I had another one hatch this morning! It pipped last night at 11pm, stayed up till 1am and decided it was time to get some sleep....I swear they know when its bed time for me and like to play magic tricks. Woke up to a baby chick!
Wheres the cute pics if your new babies!? So exciting for you! :jumpy

I'm at about day 12 now. It was a bit hard to candle eggs since only while broody hen was off the eggs I could do it, I just used some cardboard to block some light so maybe not dark enough to see veins? I'll have to retry next time she's off... So annoying, last year I had 100% hatch rate with my roo but this year not very good and I have 2 on the job (1 same roo from last year, other cockerel) I already had to break 2 broody hens since eggs were not fertile.

I am not sure why the "bad" side of the deathlayers is so hard to find. My guess would be because it is so rare and people don't want to hinder getting it established.

My chickens get all flock crumbles, scratch grains, and have a huge day run where they can forage. So they should be getting everything they need.

So sorry to hear about your father-in-law.:hugs:hugs:hugsI totally understand the hatching and chicks being a happy place. That is what my hatching and chicks have been as well (and then it turned into a business plan). We have been having behavioral issues with our teen daughter for the last year plus. It was my get away from all the yelling and fights as well as the depression brought on from it and the whole covid thing. I hope you have a great hatch so you have a nice little bit of happy!
Thank you For your kind words! I’m sorry for your troubles with your daughter...but having been a daughter I know I did not get along with my mom from about 16-25! But we are totally good now. Glad I am not yet at the teen years with my kids, they are still little... so our arguments are less complicated I imagine! Although I have been reading up on therapy chickens!! My newly widowed mom in law will be staying with us for the holidays so I plan on bombarding her with cute fluffy chicks! Fingers crossed for my Lavender Orpingtons (3 in lockdown) and I’m seeing developments in 6 of my 7 DL eggs!

Alrighty then, I figured I would get this one rolling - because I am impatient and haven't divided my colors back up yet, I have 10 mixed-color Silkie eggs in the 'bator, due to hatch 11.08....

I just realized we are in the same boat! I have 22 coloured silkies due on the 8th! The possibilities are (aside from black/white.... buff, paint, frizzle , splash maybe even porcelain!

I can't wait! lockdown is Thursday around 5pm for me!

Thank you For your kind words! I’m sorry for your troubles with your daughter...but having been a daughter I know I did not get along with my mom from about 16-25! But we are totally good now. Glad I am not yet at the teen years with my kids, they are still little... so our arguments are less complicated I imagine! Although I have been reading up on therapy chickens!! My newly widowed mom in law will be staying with us for the holidays so I plan on bombarding her with cute fluffy chicks! Fingers crossed for my Lavender Orpingtons (3 in lockdown) and I’m seeing developments in 6 of my 7 DL eggs!

I remember having fights with my mom too. With my daughter though, it is beyond "normal" behavior for a teen. We are making progress though.

I am glad to hear that your eggs are doing well! I can't wait to get more fluffy butts!

Back
Top Bottom