November hatch-a-long

Pics
I have 6 Black Tail Japanese Bantam eggs set to hatch 11/6. But they were pretty shook up in shipping...all detached air cells. So I am not too hopeful they will produce anything. And I just set 12 Porcelain d'Uccle and 12 Lavender Americauna eggs today (hatch day of 11/11). The d'Uccle eggs had some jiggly and saddled air cells...but all intact. And the Americauna eggs were absolutely beautiful for shipped eggs! Not even a jiggly air cell! Best batch of air cells I have received in the mail!

:wee Whoohoo my golden pheasant eggs arrived today :wee
20201022_083631.jpg

Chickaletta has gone broody again so today I picked her up from the nest box and put her in her own coop set with 11 of my own eggs (mostly hers) I had sitting on my bench (hopefully fertile but I guess I'll find out in 10 days when I candle)
She near flew out of my hands when she saw the nest of eggs I set for her! I put her down beside the nest and straight away she tucked them in under her and sat. My gorgeous 6 yr old silkie is the best mumma hen, I love watching her with chicks in tow! :love:jumpy
Not sure about 11 eggs though she covered them fine it looked like, the most I have put under her is 8 and she hatched them all, as she has with all her hatches.
IMG20201023163237.jpg

:oops: ....Ordered Ayam Cemani eggs and getting cuckoo silkie eggs as extras. I also got a message from the seller that I bought Pita Pinta eggs from back in August that USPS lost. I placed a second order and right after I did, her chickens started molting. It sounds like they are just starting to lay again and that I should be getting my eggs the first part of November!

Chickaletta has gone broody again so today I picked her up from the nest box and put her in her own coop set with 11 of my own eggs (mostly hers) I had sitting on my bench (hopefully fertile but I guess I'll find out in 10 days when I candle)
She near flew out of my hands when she saw the nest of eggs I set for her! I put her down beside the nest and straight away she tucked them in under her and sat. My gorgeous 6 yr old silkie is the best mumma hen, I love watching her with chicks in tow! :love:jumpy
Not sure about 11 eggs though she covered them fine it looked like, the most I have put under her is 8 and she hatched them all, as she has with all her hatches.
View attachment 2383888
Well by midday the next day a pullet and roo was in her coop and she must have been booted out and I found her sitting on 1 egg.. Not sure if the nest of eggs are still viable? I put her back on her nest and secured fencing around her coop area so the others can't bother her again. Hopefully the eggs she sat on overnight are ok!

I'm in the Halloween HAL. But I set at midnight on the 10th so likely they will be hatching into Nov. 1 so I guess I'm in. I also saw a very dark egg in the nest last night so I might set it if I open the other eggs in there and see if they are fertile. My last primary rooster disappeared over 2 weeks ago. If it is fertile I may as well set it since I'm making room for the 25 cooking eggs already in the incy.

Back
Top Bottom