Now 10 days old ** PICS ** Which are which????

Chief

Songster
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have listened to everyones advice on how to sex them, but the conclusions seem to conflict. If the hen marks the males them I'd say the dark legged ones are the cockerels. But looking at the combs and posture I think some of the light ones could be males also.
idunno.gif

43076_img_0015.jpg

43076_img_0010.jpg

43076_img_0008.jpg

43076_photo003.jpg

43076_img_0002.jpg

Ok, If that is true the girls have green legs like their mother. And the boys yellow like the Dad. Is that typical?

Thanks they are cute, Huh?

It's driving me up a wall that I cant tell. I really doesn't matter, by the look of it I have 5 of each either way. I just wish I knew.

It's hard to wait, I know. I have an olive egger that I'm just hoping is a girl. "She's" 2 1/2 weeks old right now, and while I think she looks girly, I'm not positive.

I'm not an expert by far ... I'm only here for moral support of having to wait.
thumbsup.gif
I'm in the same boat ... mine are only 4.5 weeks old. I received good news that my Dark Brahma may be a hen due to penciling.
ya.gif
Keep us all posted ... I'll be watching.

Julie

I'm serious about the feathering. The ONLY breed I've had that was opposite were cuckoo Marans. I have EEs; it's always worked on them, and all of the other breeds I keep except for that one experience w/Marans.

Back
Top Bottom