Now I’m even more confused….

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
The attached photos are From the same egg. Im just so confused…. I think..? it’s behind in development. It’s grown since day 14. @Chookchicken thank you for your help so far. This is not the same egg that you helped me with earlier. One side is full of veins, the other, not so much. The chick is definitely moving on it’s own. Any ideas?? @Kiki

Oh yeah, day 17 starts tonight at 8:00 pm.

EF4DE84B-D429-4041-8D0C-980CABA3082F.jpeg
F98FFFBD-8FF9-496B-B52C-A07F4143D7DE.jpeg

They are all like this!!!! :hit I’m kinda freaking out.

If they are all like that, then either they are all fine, or they all have a problem. Either way, there isn't much you can do, considering that each chick is inside an eggshell where you can't get to it. Just continue to provide the right conditions and hope for the best.

Chickens do many weird things that make us worried, but a surprising number of them do turn out to be fine :)

Hopefully you'll be able to relax a bit, instead of continuing to freak out. (I sometimes think chickens, even still in the egg, do things on purpose to make the people get worried!)

hmm, the first picture looks bad but the second looks good? IDK
I would just leave it in there and wait if it doesn't smell.
If it's alive it's probably fine.
Could the chick be stuck to one side of the egg?
Yeah exactly! One side has many veins and then you turn it around to the non-air cell side and- no veins. The chick would have to be stuck to the air cell, if it was stuck. But the turner turns one way, then stays there for 2 minutes and then turns back to its original position.

If they are all like that, then either they are all fine, or they all have a problem. Either way, there isn't much you can do, considering that each chick is inside an eggshell where you can't get to it. Just continue to provide the right conditions and hope for the best.

Chickens do many weird things that make us worried, but a surprising number of them do turn out to be fine :)

Hopefully you'll be able to relax a bit, instead of continuing to freak out. (I sometimes think chickens, even still in the egg, do things on purpose to make the people get worried!)
I hope you’re right. Tomorrow is lockdown. Should I put them on lockdown? Or is there something else I should do?

Tomorrow is lockdown. Should I put them on lockdown? Or is there something else I should do?

Probably just lock down like usual, and hope for the best :idunno

If they are behind on development, they may hatch a bit late. I have read that turning is most essential early in incubation, and not really at the end, so locking them down on time should be fine even if they do hatch later than expected.

Back
Top Bottom