Now I’m even more confused….

They look like day 15 chicks.

I'm not quite sure what to say since I haven't dealt with this.

Are you using separate calibrated thermometers, & hygrometers? I'm thinking they're behind in development. Any temperature below 98.5°F, & 97.5°F will either make you hatch really late, or will probably be a death sentence to them. Temperatures at 96.5°F isn't good for incubating.

I incubate regular Chickens at 99.5°F - 100.0°F.

I incubate Silkies at 98.5°F - 97.5°F, they do better at this range for some reason.

I'd say give them a shot at lockdown? Make sure to update us on what's happening?

So everyone’s been asking. I have a rite farm 264 incubator. It’s been switching between 98,99,100 the whole time. I mostly see it at 99 and 98, but mostly 99. I had a calibrated temp in there for a while, but it held steady at 99 (it doesn’t have a .00 on it) for awhile so I took it out to put it in the other incubator I had running that needed it more ( a little giant). Will definitely update.

So everyone’s been asking. I have a rite farm 264 incubator. It’s been switching between 98,99,100 the whole time. I mostly see it at 99 and 98, but mostly 99. I had a calibrated temp in there for a while, but it held steady at 99 (it doesn’t have a .00 on it) for awhile so I took it out to put it in the other incubator I had running that needed it more ( a little giant). Will definitely update.
Forced air or still air?

I have a different hatcher I am planning to put them in for lockdown that has a thermometer that has the .00 and it reads right now 99.3. It’s really confusing hatcher. It’s a dickeys hatcher that I need to toggle with before I put them in.

Back
Top Bottom