Now I have been initiated by my rooster..........................

ep.gif
I have learned the best way to catch a chicken is by the legs, sounds mean, but thats the only way I can get some of mine....I am still unsure about catching them and carrying them around. I will need my safety glasses, I don't want to get pecked in the eye!

Bend the hook part smaller than you think you need it so the leg doesnt slip out. I drilled out a old broom handle to stick the hanger into to make it longer and sturdier too.

I found a older wire hanger the wire was pretty stout. I had to bend it with some linesmans pliers. Maybe find a thicker hanger or piece of wire or copper perhaps from a hardware. I know you can mak eone for next to nothing, Just hate to see someone spend money they dont have to in todays economy.

Quote:
I agree with you there. That's why I don't have one yet. I found them for cheap but the shipping was as much as the product. I will look around for some better wire. I know they work good. I watched a guy catch 20 chickens with one in 5 minutes once. I'll have to search around some more for some stiffer wire. Thanks!

I am laid off so I try to occupy myself with, my chicken obsession. I talked my wife into letting me build another coop so thats what I am brainstorming now. I am glad I could help

Quote:
Hey I'm on a seasonal layoff myself right now and trying to figure out how to build about 4 more coops/pens here for this next year. I share the same chicken obsession. Welcome to BYC by the way. Where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom