Now I have more question pg 7

Yep its a hatcher and yes you can incubat in it as well. The big trays are are for those big birds with skiny leggs. I belive that you can still use thelm to hatch chicks in. The good news is you got a great buy The really great news is that if you get realy into hatching chicks and you run across a reg bator or 2 or 3 or 4 or...... you have a hatcher
wee.gif
more eggs at a time
yippiechickie.gif
and i also belive that you can even get reg size hatching trays for chicks later on if you need to. The clear door will make hatching fun.

Well that is good news, I forgot to grab a new thermometer when I was at the store earlier but I hopefully I will get a chance to get one tonight so I can turn it on and see if it works. I figure that i will try a dozen of my own eggs first and see how that turns out.

Okay how do I know which thermostat to use? Do they both control it? I have plugged it in and it's heating up so we'll see.

Okay for 1 this doesn't have a thermometer made in like on the website. I bought the digital one with a probe, do I still need to come up with some water wiggler to put it in or not?

my hatcher has just a regular thermometer in it, and the humidity pan,,, thats ALL you need. and if you get the smaller trays, you can fit ALOT,,and i do mean ALOT of eggs in there,,hehe,, but ya need to hand turn. i think i might have an extra humidity pan,, lemme look around today ( we're moving so may already be packed), and you can have it if i do
wink.png

I put a plastic bowl of water in there and it really didn't raise the humidity at all so that is one of my concerns. I am heading out to the shop now to see how it did over night. I hate that it is out there, it is going to make for dashes to the shop during the cold nights!
wink.png
You should have seen me last night in my boots and nightgown going out to check on it and theres not even any eggs in there!

Edited:

Also I am going to use just 1 tray the first time but after that who knows!!!

Oh my I just read through this and realized all the typos. For valentines day I got my nails done and I am not used to them being long on this little laptop!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom