Now I see why people were ranting... some answers please????

I have an LG also. Gave up on trying to adjust the little knob. Turned it up all the way, then put the probe from a reptile thermostat in a vent hole, and plugged the bator into that. No more problems. The thermostat, however, was $40, but I already had it for other things, so I didn't actually buy it for that. The bator was free from a friend.

My point is, sometimes bators are only as good as the money you pay for them. Cheap bators can be hard to get adjusted right.

Having said that, I also have a still air Hova bator (bought used), and a homemade one. Of all 3, my homemade one is by far the most reliable.

2 things about the LG. 1st off.... throw away the thermostat you got with it. Buy an analog and digital. This will definately save you from heart attacks.... also, if it is still air, I wouldn't worry bout anything as high as 106f if it is for a short period of time.

Remember, anytime you add to the incubator (eggs,water etc) and the temp was set, don't touch it for hours... It can throw off the thermometer but will level itself back off.

Biggest thing I've learned with my incubator is Patients. I have an old Hova-bator from over 15 yrs ago. I did go out and buy extra wafers for just incase. With me I've had more temp problems because I just didnt' give it time to adjust itself. I've learned a lot in just 5 days. I did add a towel draped over the back at night to help with the cool down at night. My incubator is on an outside wall to the side of a window. Made a big difference to hang a towel down the back of it.

Back
Top Bottom