now im getting confused

thekid

Songster
9 Years
Jan 12, 2011
Ford City, Pennsylvania
Ok so that big old rabbit hutch i showed you guys well i was planning on keeping 14 in that one half but i them was actually thinking about this stuff and did the math and half of it is only a 2 x 4.5 and that only gives me nine square feet. So the question is could i keep 14 in that half? Except i remember on here that i could keep 30? I am now confused. Please help.

Quote:
Ok...now you have to tell thekid the proper hen to roo ratio for 9 birds that fit in 9 square feet!

I say 8 hens and 2 roos and screw the 1 foot rule of thumb! As long as they get along...I'm cool with it!

Quote:
Ok...now you have to tell thekid the proper hen to roo ratio for 9 birds that fit in 9 square feet!

I say 8 hens and 2 roos and screw the 1 foot rule of thumb! As long as they get along...I'm cool with it!

thumbsup.gif
with coturnix you will be find

Personally I'd try the 14 birds in the 9 sqFT. I know most people use the 1 bird per 1sqFT rule but, most your manufactored quail pens used a rule of 1 bird per 0.5sqFT. If they start fighting either remove the trouble maker or move a few out to another pen.

Sounds like a plan Kid. If ya brood them together, they'll most likely get along till they get older anyway. Then just put the extra roos or troublemakers on the grill, along with that ol'rabbit you got all fattened up proper...
lau.gif
Bill

Back
Top Bottom