Now she's quacking at night..

2 possibilities based on what you have said so far.

1. She is quacking for her drake since you have separated them.

2. She is quacking for you. You said you go check on her when she quacks. She has now learned that if she quacks you will come. Also you said she only quacks around you during the day.

Maybe stop going to check when she quacks. My ducks quack every time they see us/the car. My husband says they are hungry. They’ve trained him. They quack when they see him and he brings food. If we just ignore them and walk away they realize they aren’t getting what they want and stop quacking.

2 possibilities based on what you have said so far.

1. She is quacking for her drake since you have separated them.

2. She is quacking for you. You said you go check on her when she quacks. She has now learned that if she quacks you will come. Also you said she only quacks around you during the day.

Maybe stop going to check when she quacks. My ducks quack every time they see us/the car. My husband says they are hungry. They’ve trained him. They quack when they see him and he brings food. If we just ignore them and walk away they realize they aren’t getting what they want and stop quacking.
But they've been separated for a while before she started quacking at night.
Funny how she's quacking for me when she hates me. I'll try to stop checking on her but if she continues, my parents get the say in what happens to her.

She also in breeding age and your keeping her away from Colonel. My Young Runners were after everyone drake and goose out there when they became of breeding age and made a lot of noise about it too. I wonder if that has something to do with it? Why can’t they be together an see if it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom