Some advice needed on duck behaviour, she's constantly quacking

Snostorm

Chirping
Aug 19, 2021
Hi all.

I've attached a video. She (Delta) is in her enclosure in the video but she's quacking in the same way when out in the garden with me, they get about 5-6 hours supervised a day outside to forage and free range.

She's turning 3 in June, our other female started laying just over 2 weeks ago. Delta isn't laying at the mo, she prolapsed during her first year but we treated her and she's laid fine since then. She been quacking like this all day for about 5 days now, she quack like this out in the garden and during the times she's in the enclosure. She's eating ok, a little less than normal as she's constantly running about quacking like this.

Anyone have any idea why she's being like this? She mating with our male so he's not neglecting her either.

Just wanted some advise before the neighbours start pounding on my front door 😅

My females do this and I have 16 of them mostly my younger ones though do all the quacking Free-ranging doesn't seem to help. I just chalk it up to they like to hear themselves talk. Thankfully our closet neighbors are 5 acres away. I don't know if you can do anything about it. they sure are pretty. Looks like she got the attention of the drake maybe that has something to do with it?

So an update on this little mischief maker.

She's still quacking all the time but no complaints so far from neighbours.

The last few days however she does seem to be off her food a bit they get a mix of food, a romaine lettuce a day, peas, Pellets and a small amount of garvo treat mix when they go out. Varied diet but they get all the calcium and stuff they need and not had many issues so far.

she's still eating the romaine lettuce and a few peas and Pellets. But alot less that the past few months.

She's still running about, pooping less but that's due to the food, foraging and no difference in her behaviour outside of the quacking. Still not laying but they've always had a few weeks difference in timings. Plus I'd be happy if she never laid again anyway.

Is this another to chalk up to hormones?

Back
Top Bottom