Now she's quacking at night..

Well, she's still technically 'by herself'
She should be with other ducks. Maybe she doesn't want to be with chickens. You said she is limping? Does she seem hurt? I don't know what to tell you.. maybe just put her with the drake and see how it goes? Or just deal with the quacking?
I guess I can just let them be and if he kills her, there's nothing I can do. It seems I'm the only one concerned about her staying uninjured but oh well.. I should listen to the people on the internet...

I guess I can just let them be and if he kills her, there's nothing I can do. It seems I'm the only one concerned about her staying uninjured but oh well.. I should listen to the people on the internet...
You're the one asking for advice. We are just giving advice as many of us have had ducks for years. You don't have to listen, it's your duck. You do what you feel is best. The duck is obviously quacking at night for a reason. We're trying to help you figure out 'why'
What do you want us to tell you? What answer are you looking for?

Again, pinning down is normal, but if it's to the point of injury as you mentioned (or there is a large size difference between them) then it is not safe for them to be together. We are not there. You are the best judge of this.

Also living with chickens is not the same as living with other ducks. A dog living with cats is not the same as living with another dog. A person living with monkeys is not the same as living with other people. While there may be some similarities, they are different species with different languages, different social structures, etc.

Back
Top Bottom