Now someone stole my picture and is using it on EBAY

Quote:
did you pay via paypal? you can file a claim with them as well as with ebay. Both have something in place to let you and the seller try to work something out. If you paid thru paypal, you can advance the claim and let paypal sort out the deal. It might be worth the effort. It is there to help you out since you got screwed.

~Caran

Quote:
also, you can file a claim with whomever it was shipped with, because it was damaged during shipping. And if all else fails, cancel your current ebay profile and get another one, but you will have to change your email address. otherwise ebay tracks your name changes. That way you can start again all fresh.

pips~ can you tell if the picture was just copied and pasted on his site, or linked from your photobucket site? If it is linked, you can change the photo to something else, and his picture on ebay will change too.

I remember another post about this same thing and the gal whose picture was being used changed her photo to say "Pirated picture, buyer beware" or something like that. Shortly after that, her picture was removed from the site. Amazing how that happens huh?
big_smile.png

~Caran

sorry to bombard you all with 4 posts in a row, but here is some interesting stuff you all should read, and if necessary should be emailed to the offending ebay party:

When is Permission Required?

When you intend to use the materials for commercial purposes.

The Internet IS NOT the public domain. There are both uncopyrighted and copyrighted materials available. Assume a work is copyrighted.

Tips for the Internet

Always credit the source of your information
Find out if the author of a work (e.g., video, audio, graphic, icon) provides information on how to use his or her work. If explicit guidelines exist, follow them.
Whenever feasible, ask the owner of the copyright for permission. Keep a copy of your request for permission and the permission received.

pips&peeps :

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing..........

I FOUND HIS PHONE NUMBER!!!!

Go get 'im, girl!!!
ya.gif

Here is a quick description of how to go about formally copyrighting your images ($30-$180 a yr. depending on your need) - link below. I've been doing this for the past three yrs and hope to see one of my shots on a billboard (which would make it all worthwhile).

However, everything I post on the web (watermarked or not) I fully expect will end up being photoshopped in Tibet two hours after I post it and used in ways I can't waste time imagining.

Nice work tracking this clown down...

http://www.nikondigital.org/articles/copyright_cavanaugh.htm

Setting your photobucket account to private doesnt do chkn-poo if you already posted your pictures somewhere. the thief can just copy-paste or save the image to his/her computer. nothing is safe on the internet!

I did get a response from him, here is what it said.

Here is my question,
Do you have all buffs? Could you send me some pics of them? Please send me a pic of the hen and rooster.
big_smile.png

Thanks in advance for the pics! God bless.

The reply,

Sorry, the picture was taken off internet because my camera is missing and needed to get eggs listed. Most are splashes…

It seems that he may need a leash for his camera. I don't know about you guys but I know where my camera is at all times. Or if I was going to list an auction on e-bay and my camera was missing, I would borrow someones camera. Good luck Jean!!!! Hope that you can put an end to this!

Back
Top Bottom