Now someone stole my picture and is using it on EBAY

I e-mailed the person who bought the eggs to warn them that this guy used my picture and what he is selling is not what was represented. Here is what I got back from them:

If that is true, then as a seller is your resposibility to report the policy offender. As to fraudulent or not? you don't know that...u are only mad because they used your pick off your website...ohhh big deal who doesn't go online looking for a pic of a item they want to sell...if you are that upset about it, put a block on all your pics so they can't be right clicked on. I really find it annoying that u email me about a auction that u have NOTHING to do with...and are sticking your nose into others business and have also fowarded a copy of the email u sent me to the sell of them eggs.And never assume that you may think you know what others do or don't want...crawl back into your cave.

So I replied:

I have reported this seller. It is my business as the seller is using my photograph without my permission to sell his eggs. His birds don't even look like my bird. I thought I would give you a heads up on this as a courtesy, but obviously you are just as snide and dishonest as he is.

By the way it is worded, I think this may be the seller as it sounds vaguely familiar to the rant he spilled to waynesgarden. It is a buyer with zero feedback.

I am still waiting for eBay to get back to me on this. The seller has relisted some silkie eggs, but not the ameraucanas.​

sound like the seller and buyer are the same person
pop.gif

pips&peeps :

I e-mailed the person who bought the eggs to warn them that this guy used my picture and what he is selling is not what was represented. Here is what I got back from them:

If that is true, then as a seller is your resposibility to report the policy offender. As to fraudulent or not? you don't know that...u are only mad because they used your pick off your website...ohhh big deal who doesn't go online looking for a pic of a item they want to sell...if you are that upset about it, put a block on all your pics so they can't be right clicked on. I really find it annoying that u email me about a auction that u have NOTHING to do with...and are sticking your nose into others business and have also fowarded a copy of the email u sent me to the sell of them eggs.And never assume that you may think you know what others do or don't want...crawl back into your cave.

So I replied:

I have reported this seller. It is my business as the seller is using my photograph without my permission to sell his eggs. His birds don't even look like my bird. I thought I would give you a heads up on this as a courtesy, but obviously you are just as snide and dishonest as he is.

By the way it is worded, I think this may be the seller as it sounds vaguely familiar to the rant he spilled to waynesgarden. It is a buyer with zero feedback.

I am still waiting for eBay to get back to me on this. The seller has relisted some silkie eggs, but not the ameraucanas.​

I would be soo mad. Its sounding like the buyer and seller are the same people. Why do people have to be so dishonest? Thats why I put watermarks on mine.​

pop.gif

This just gets better and better...
You did the right thing, though... if it was ME as the buyer, I'd want to know. There's definitely something funny going on there......

maybe you should compare the email that it came from with those who got the seller to respond , but they emails admitting photo copying should be forwarded to ebay.

They do sound like the same people, the odds of having 2 rude people involved in the same eggs is pretty small I would think. That said, at least he had good taste in the picture he ripped off, pretty bird!

Back
Top Bottom