Now someone stole my picture and is using it on EBAY

This seems to happen a lot with egg auctions and the seller always says their camera is broken or some excuse such as that. I think they probably just don't have a good picture of their birds (or their birds aren't picture-worthy), so they take the easy way out and use a picture of a really nice bird they lift from someone else. I wouldn't have any problem with that, except that they almost never say the bird pictured isn't theirs in the auction description (and they don't ask permission to use the images in almost all cases). Most of them will be honest if questioned, but I think they need to disclose that information in the description.

I do feel that they are hoodwinking people by not being honest about it from the get-go.

When I was posting pictures of something last year I did a search for pictures of that item since I didn't have a digital camera at the time and the cell phone I had didn't have a camera. A lot of the search results linked to photo bucket and other online photo suppliers. If there is no copyright or watermark on it, it's very easy to click on it to copy it. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I can see how the pictures we post online anywhere can end up being used by someone else.

Don't start attacking me I'm not saying it's right, I'm just pointing out if we don't want them used there should be some way to make that obvious to those looking for pictures they need.

I wouldn't mind people using other people's pictures if they gave the appropriate credits. I mean, these are adults and we all learned about plagiarism in high school. Always give credit for something your using, with or without permission.

Jody

Precisely why I started putting my farm name in my pictures as close to the subject as possible without blocking the view...

I've seen it happen way too many times, especially with Silkies and the major breeders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Sounds like trutigliano could use some basic instruction in actual copyright laws as well as kindergarten-level instructions in civility.

On my list of ebay sellers to never buy from.

Wayne

Quote:
Sounds like trutigliano could use some basic instruction in actual copyright laws as well as kindergarten-level instructions in civility.

On my list of ebay sellers to never buy from.

Wayne

I agree!

:thun karma :thun

Last edited:
I sent him a question too. I have yet to hear form him and the suction is ending soon! I asked for pics of the hen and rooster together. We will see if he responds.
hmm.png

Quote:
This is what Creative Commons is for. You can, instead of just doing a general image search, search only for photos that are Creative Commons licensed. My CC licensed photos on Flickr get used on blog posts and news sites all the time, always with credit. Flickr has a search tool that allows you to search ONLY images that are CC licensed, and therefore OK to use, with certain conditions.

For people wanting to have images hosted somewhere, but worried about copyright infringement, try Photrade . Photrade has an option where you can choose to have your photos automatically watermarked as you upload them.

People just ruin everything else for people you know what I mean?! I have never sold anything on ebay I don't think I would trust anyone enough to buy anything off their either.

Back
Top Bottom