Now what?

Timberlane

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 11, 2011
Maine
I got my start this year in chickens because I wanted to reduce the amount of ticks in my yard. I aquired 3 older laying hens that no longer produce. My plan was to test the waters with them to see if they would survive, but not keep them through the winter, and get new girls to lay. Everything is going very well so far. I have worked out how to keep them safe from my dogs and so far the wildlife has left them alone. I have made a few mistakes. The first one was naming them, the second was falling for their funny and entertaining personalities. They follow me around the yard all the time; even when mowing! There is no way now that I can get rid of them...Ana, Rhoda and Isles are here to stay...Dang it!
big_smile.png

You're in for it now! No one warned any of us about the dangers of this endeavour and now... Well, the rest is history. No escaping it! Actually I really like it...
big_smile.png
But this is just what my family is doing!
hit.gif

Time to build a nice home for them and all of the future members of the family
lau.gif

At times I am thankful for limits on chickens where I live or I would be in SOOOO much trouble
jumpy.gif

Well, my Dad and I just finished building the new chicken coop. It is all painted and ready to move to it's final location. This morning the girls were out in the yard and I called them to the back door and they came running! They are so funny! I am in so much trouble!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom