NPIP Certification in TEXAS

Uou can not sale ehgs or birds of texas. I am pt yest and i asked him.
He daid to sale over state line you need to be NPIP. Thats only thing i dae you dad wrong

TP testing in Texas has changed a bit. No longer done free from Texas A&M. There now individuals that can do the testing but can charge. You can sell fertile eggs, chicks and grown chickens with this test as long as they don't leave the state. That would require a permit or NPIP testing depending on the state. Go to this page for your testing agent https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/testing-information/poultry/authorized-testing-agents-roster/

As luck would have it, the inspector from TAHC is coming to my place tomorrow to test my birds.
Here is what he told me:
No fee for testing and he does it on premises so results are known immediately.
Process takes about 30 minutes.
Testing is free unless you want a permit to take the birds across state lines for show(which I do)-that costs $25.
He said it was a very quick and easy process.
I just spoke with TAHC in my area. (McLennan County) They are emailing me an application and require a 35 fee if under 99 birds. However, the NPIP certification is a separate entity and require their own fees. I understood her to say I could use the pt test that TAHC runs to apply for my NPIP, which should be 100 per year.

So to sell and ship fertilized eggs and chicks do you have to be both NPIP certified and have the tahc certificate? Or can you just be NPIP and be ok?

He also answered my question that I posted above. To sell birds or eggs in Texas all you have to have is your birds PT tested. You do not need a TAHC or whatever it’s called. But if you want to sell birds or eggs out of state, infusing the shipping of eggs or birds, you must be PT tested and NPIP certified and abide by the rules of the state you are selling/shipping to.

He also answered my question that I posted above. To sell birds or eggs in Texas all you have to have is your birds PT tested. You do not need a TAHC or whatever it’s called. But if you want to sell birds or eggs out of state, infusing the shipping of eggs or birds, you must be PT tested and NPIP certified and abide by the rules of the state you are selling/shipping to.
Thanks a bunch! You are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom