NPIP certification

I have my birds tested every year but I also show them. There is no cost as @U_Stormcrow said. I have currently close to 500 birds counting my chicks. Only my breeder birds need to be tested. Good luck...

Oh awesome! Thanks for the information
Of course. and FYI - there's an edit button. You don't need to, twitter-like, make a second post for spelling errors we likely won't notice anyways.

I use the edit ALL the time to make my pre-caffeine posts more intelligible, to insert links after the fact, and to correct some of the terrible speech to text translations my cell phone offers when I'm not at the computer. I believe you have something close to 24 hours in which to make edits.

From the Florida NPIP Participation Agreement: (number 4)

1624112864019.png

You might find this helpful

And one of the tests is annual, the other is twice yearly. I am scheduled to arrange for my next test for late October, i think. but due to the 26 week thing, I need to either cull soon, or arrange an early test - some of my February hatchings will approach 26 weeks shortly.

I don't worry about it because I have been having my birds tested for many years and have had the same testing agent for a few years so they know my operation and birds. I've only had a couple of testing agent. One fellow testing agent for several years until he moved to Texas and since a gal has been testing my birds. I usually have the birds ready for her to test. I put them in cages and as we test the birds I put them back in their coops so we don't have to waste time catching the birds.

From the Florida NPIP Participation Agreement: (number 4)

View attachment 2725381

You might find this helpful

And one of the tests is annual, the other is twice yearly. I am scheduled to arrange for my next test for late October, i think. but due to the 26 week thing, I need to either cull soon, or arrange an early test - some of my February hatchings will approach 26 weeks shortly.
In the DBA line, NPIP seems evident for hatchery or dealer. What would be pros/cons for independent flock?

Back
Top Bottom