Npip I was already registered.

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by crazyhen, Mar 20, 2009.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Last Sept. I got ahold of some sick birds from an auction. I found out I could get my other birds tested every 4 months for free so I did
    I was surprised today when my poultry expert came out to do the every 4 month testing of my poultry. I ask about NPIP, Well, he said I was already in the books. Why did I not know this? Humm, anyway I ask him for my num. He will be sending it to me soon. It would have been nice to know it before . I do not at this time intend to sell poultry but some day who knows the way this addiction works on us what I will do. . Jean

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Strange, you think they would let you know if you were registered. [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't like the sound of this.

Who registered you?
    How did they get your information?
    By what rights are they inspecting you if you never signed up?

4. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    originally I asked to be inspected because i had a sick hen and they ask if i would like to be inspected at reg. intervals free of charge. Well that sounded good. I didn't know that I would be signed up for NPIP. They did not give me a no. etc. Later I decided to check and see what it entailed to be reg. only to find out that I was and already had a no. I had signed up to be checked I just did not know I would be on NPIP list. I felt this to be a bit underhanded but I guess eventually we all will be a no. ; actually we already are. Social security no. that is. Jean

Ps sorry to be so late in answering. My hb has been critically ill so I was really in a tizzy. He is much better and will be back to himself soon.

5. gaduke

gaduke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    Wow thats really creepy to sign you up like that.[​IMG]

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I believe that when Crazyhen signed up for regular testing she signed up for NPIP. BTW, NPIP and NAIS are not the same thing. In general, many breeders approve of NPIP, and participate. NAIS is another matter entirely.

However NAIS is designed to be managed by individual states, so those states which are heavy into regulation, such as Texas, Michigan and several in the northeast are likely to lump the two together.

7. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Yes npip is what I have, not the other. Gloria Jean

8. NCIndiaBlue

NCIndiaBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    NC
    Hi Gloria Jean - or anybody else who knows,

I would like to get my flock tested and be NPIP certified for free, who do I need to contact to do this? [​IMG]

9. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Contact the Dept. of Ag for your state and they will give you all the info you need.

10. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by