NPIP Renewal Time - Should I renew? Do/did you?

NPIP - Renew or Not? Get the 3 hens or not?

• I'm a NPIP participant and suggest you stay one too

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a NPIP participant & wish I had never joined

• I WAS an NPIP participant & regret NOT renewing

• I WAS an NPIP participant & I think you can let it go

• Get the 3 hens anyway & get them tested

• Get the 3 hens anyway & forget renewing

• Don't get the 3 hens & only buy from NPIP breeders!

• Other

• Total voters
They will and retest, but at the SUPER SUPER rare case you have it, yep they will all be wiped out, which sounds bad, but it is a super rare problem now, just because of this action.....so well worth it. If you had sick birds and started shipping and spread Pollurum/typhoid all over the place, it could get bad , quick again.
As for testing or not testing,
If selling your stock out of state, legally you are required to be certified, wheather you like it or not. If you are just wanting your own private flock, there's no need for it in my opinion.

idunno.gif
I'm on the fence. I've heard it's $80 to get certified in Indiana. And unless I start shipping lots of silkie and EE eggs out of state it's not really worth it. Plus I kind of scared about getting on the goverment radar with my livestock. Then they will know where to come knocking to tax and regulate my tiny little homestead. You know have to registar all my birds, can't sell my eggs or veggies anymore. But, then again I am a law abiding citizen and don't want to get in trouble for selling eggs without being certified.

It’s definitely worth it if you show much at all. Otherwise you’ll have to test about every thirty days, but if you are NPIP certified, then you just test your breeders once a year. Each state does it a little differently though. For example, some states test all your birds, others 10% or 100 birds, whichever is greater, etc.

Yep, it varies state to state and tester to tester. I'd ask or at least check into it to see, before I just took word of mouth on it, it getts overly exagerated a lot I've seen. You'll pass it I know, everybody does. It's just a precautionary measure. But if you are not selling out of state, or showing, I wouldnt worry with it and like you said, keep them out of your bussiness. BUT, if you sell and ship out of state, it is required

Back
Top Bottom