NPIP Testing.

Quote:
wow, that's crazy,
yes it does work, all it is is blood smeared on the board and tested just like any other bird. Wonder why they do that too, unless they are also testing for A.I. the various M.G's and such, That for us does go out in an test tube about the diameter of a pencil and 1 1 /2 to 2 inches long.

We just had our birds tested today. In Texas testing is free but if you want to be NPIP it 100.00 a year. Aubry they pull blood sample from the peafowl and is sent to the lab to do the test the state said that the blood test want work like they do on chicken or pheasant.

Quote:
That's weird Doug,
that others are done differently in different states, they do all my birds on the spot. wonder what the difference is, seems like being that it is a USDA program, they would require the same testing method everywhere, especially if the normal smear isnt true reading on certain birds?

Here its 10 cent a bird or min of $5. They tell you on the spot and mail a certificate- easy!! there hasnt been a case reported since 1986. we are doing it in about a month.

Aubrey I don't know we have a new inspector our old one retired and I have asked both of them and they both say the same thing peafowl and turkeys the samples has to go to the lab for testing. Two years ago NPIP in Texas went from 75.00 a year to 300.00 a year on the smaller breeders and 2500.00 on large hatchery and all the small breeder complain about it and they drop it to 100.00 a year.

yep Doug,
I had heard about that high price difference yall had going there, didnt know they dropped it, that's good, all that was going to do was start making people ship without out it. I wouldnt pay $300 a year for it, that's for sure.

I wonder why some states are free and others are so expensive. Louisiana is free and I'm shocked that Texas isn't free and the 2 states are neighbors. My NPIP testing date is the first week of January and I have a large flock that consists of 150 chickens, 9 geese , 6 Bourbon Red Turkeys and 35 Muscovy ducks. Out of those 150 chickens, the inspector says that he will only test the adult birds and that is about 80 adults. Out of those 80 chickens, he said that he needs to test a minimum of 60 chickens along with the geese, turkeys and ducks. I hope that Louisiana remains free of charge for testing.

I'm glad its free here bc i have over 20 peafowl, over 40 chickens, 10 ducks, 1 goose, 2 goats and a partridge in a pear tree .
smile.png
LOL

Back
Top Bottom