NPR's show "Think" interviews TX backyard chicken owners

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Rillion, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Rillion

Rillion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    Hope I put this in the right topic.

Yesterday on National Public Radio's show "Think" in the afternoon, Dallas chicken owners Leslie Halleck and Sarah Perry were interviewed for a full hour. Leslie Halleck is the general manager of North Haven Gardens in Dallas, and Sarah Perry is a journalist and gardener. They talked about their experience in raising chickens and answered questions from callers. A podcast of it is available here, if you're interested.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. stephhassler

stephhassler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Eastern Iowa
    Thanks!

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    thanks!!!

4. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Leslie does not own North Haven Gardens she is the General Manager. I happen to work there also.

5. Rillion

Rillion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Yep, when I came back to look at this thread I remembered and changed my post. Thanks for the correction.

I've attended two of the "chicken seminars" held there by Dan Probst, including a showing of Mad City Chickens. We probably bumped into each other at some point. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  6. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Quote:Yep, when I came back to look at this thread I remembered and changed my post. Thanks for the correction.

I've attended two of the "chicken seminars" held there by Dan Probst, including a showing of Mad City Chickens. We probably bumped into each other at some point. [​IMG]

Next time you stop in find me so I can say Hi. My name is Jill. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by