*nudge*Come on, go. It's just a freeway.*tilts cage* Get out. Get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Releasing any 'pet' animal is never a good idea, a responsible pet owner would know that. Do a search on here and you'll see the numerous ducks, geese, dogs, cats, you-name-its that people have found once they've gotten away or been dumped by their owners.

Why isn't giving the buttons away an option, out of curiosity?

And I bet the noisy one is the lonely male that needed a mate.

Quote:
Ok OK! Very rarely do I speak up and stand on a soap box but I am this time! How dare you post such a statement about releasing them instead of letting someone give them a good home! Just because you don't want them-you want to dump them off to fend for themselves instead of letting or asking someone if they wanted them-Thats rude and dissrespectful to all of us who would want to help you-also, what business do you have getting another peacock when you can't handle 3 tiny bee sized creatures! they make a huge mess> Are you kidding me? Peafowl make bigger messes seriously...It was your attitude about giving the buttons away that ticked everyone off and " you have an uncontrollable amount of animals already" -next time I think you should think long and hard about what you are going to post and how to say it-

Quote:
Ok OK! Very rarely do I speak up and stand on a soap box but I am this time! How dare you post such a statement about releasing them instead of letting someone give them a good home! Just because you don't want them-you want to dump them off to fend for themselves instead of letting or asking someone if they wanted them-Thats rude and dissrespectful to all of us who would want to help you-also, what business do you have getting another peacock when you can't handle 3 tiny bee sized creatures! they make a huge mess> Are you kidding me? Peafowl make bigger messes seriously...It was your attitude about giving the buttons away that ticked everyone off and " you have an uncontrollable amount of animals already" -next time I think you should think long and hard about what you are going to post and how to say it-

Ditto , well put.

Quote:
You wonder why you are getting flamed. You would rather let defenseless bird go so they can be a fast food snack for some wild beastie, or meet a worse fate then GIVING them away where they will have shelter, food, and attention simply because you can;t be bothered to clean up after pets that you desired to obtain in the first place.

You also quoted "Also, no, I am not going to give them away if you live nearby" but again would rather let them suffer.

How you think you will not get unhappy pet owner commenting on the irresponsibility of this entire post is beyond me.

WHY don't you want to give them to a good home? THAT's the part i don't get???? Just makes NO SENSE AT ALL! if nothing else take them to the local humane society for crying out loud...........

I DO NOT agree with letting them go, but.

NeoReoy might just have thought he was releasing a native species onto the land. People release bobwhites all the time, albeit for a different reason, but still!

Neoreoy, I would give them away to someone who has the resources and time to take care of them. Wouldn't giving them away be better than letting them get smashed by a car/eaten by a dog/die of exposure?

ETA: Let me say something a different way. NeoReoy could be misinformed that buttons are able to live in the wild like a bobwhite.... I would have no qualms about releasing a bobwhite if it was flight conditioned. Maybe that's how he saw this at the beginning, then was jerked to reality that no, these aren't native. Point of view!
smile.png

NeoReoy, PLEASE give them to a good home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Releasing them is VERY cruel... They wont survive. And you know it..
If you dont want them anymore.. why cant you bring them to a shelter or even a local pet store..or put an ad on CL....
Hell.. it'd even be BETTER to kill them humanely... they will just starve and suffer in the wild. They'd be better off killed quickly...
How cruel....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom