Nugget's [email protected] Two Days Old (PICS-NEW in Post #23)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Mar 18, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Nugget seems very content now. She lets us handle the babies and they are all eating and drinking just fine.
    I set up a place for Dusty, my broody Blue Orp, in the storage area of the Delaware coop, but she is not sitting down. She's very upset being in a strange place, but either she'll sit or she won't. She's already been broody for two weeks, so I was hoping to give her the 7 eggs that are in the bator on Day 14. Don't know how long to give her to settle down, though.

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    AWWWW I want a "GOOD" broody SO bad! I have three healthy happy chicks NO thanks to the mother hen [​IMG]

3. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Awww I just love seeing all these mommy and baby photos. I cannot wait for the day when I move out into the country and get to experience this too. It's just too precious.

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Songster

Nugget looks so cute sitting there all fluffed up!!! You know, if you went into the "broody" business, you could make note cards out of the pics and sell them! You'd be rich!!! LOL

I remember on one of your other posts about Nugget, that you were putting a saddle on her due to her naked back. I had a broody like that last year. Of course, there was no "action" while she was setting and raising her chicks, but even after that (it's been 6 months), the roo has stopped focusing so much attention on her. She actually has beautiful feathers now!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way. Maybe there's hope for Nuggets back???

5. speckledhen

I had just put a saddle on Nugget the day before she went broody. Had one previously, but the elastic was too stretched out and it would hang off the side, so I removed it. Then when she lost so many feathers again, I put a different one on her, only to have her go broody the next day. At least, she's getting a break for awhile.

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Songster

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Wonderful pics, Cyn! What a happy little family. It's going to be so interesting seeing how the EEs feather out!

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Crowing

YAY!! My Nuggers is a momma! [​IMG] She is so beautiful... what a good mother hen. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

She is so happy with her little ones. You can just see the contentment on her pretty face. [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Just beautiful. Thanks for those pics.

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    The pics give me that warm fuzzy feeling! How pretty! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: