Nugget's Chicks@ Two Days Old (PICS-NEW in Post #23)

Nugget seems very content now. She lets us handle the babies and they are all eating and drinking just fine.
I set up a place for Dusty, my broody Blue Orp, in the storage area of the Delaware coop, but she is not sitting down. She's very upset being in a strange place, but either she'll sit or she won't. She's already been broody for two weeks, so I was hoping to give her the 7 eggs that are in the bator on Day 14. Don't know how long to give her to settle down, though.

AWWWW I want a "GOOD" broody SO bad! I have three healthy happy chicks NO thanks to the mother hen
hit.gif

Awww I just love seeing all these mommy and baby photos. I cannot wait for the day when I move out into the country and get to experience this too. It's just too precious.

Nugget looks so cute sitting there all fluffed up!!! You know, if you went into the "broody" business, you could make note cards out of the pics and sell them! You'd be rich!!! LOL

I remember on one of your other posts about Nugget, that you were putting a saddle on her due to her naked back. I had a broody like that last year. Of course, there was no "action" while she was setting and raising her chicks, but even after that (it's been 6 months), the roo has stopped focusing so much attention on her. She actually has beautiful feathers now!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way. Maybe there's hope for Nuggets back???

I had just put a saddle on Nugget the day before she went broody. Had one previously, but the elastic was too stretched out and it would hang off the side, so I removed it. Then when she lost so many feathers again, I put a different one on her, only to have her go broody the next day. At least, she's getting a break for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom